Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...Just bought used 1998 C5...Went out yesterday and car won't start...cranks fine..Am getting Reduced Engine Power, Service Traction Control, and Service ABS on the DCI. With the help of you guy's I've checked codes...have 1255, 1276, 1278, 1518 and 0601. I've pulled fuse 16 and 23 to reset PCM, have jumped it to make sure I have good voltage. Nothing changes...Any ideas....Please.

Barry
Tucson

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
you have many codes from the APP sensor. there are 3 sensors in this one unit.look up around the gas pedal and locate the sensor .check connector.check TAC module for water intrusion.check TAC motor connections. ya realy need a scan tool to perform tests

·
Registered
100 Posts
G.M Dealer!!!!!!!!

Help...Just bought used 1998 C5...Went out yesterday and car won't start...cranks fine..Am getting Reduced Engine Power, Service Traction Control, and Service ABS on the DCI. With the help of you guy's I've checked codes...have 1255, 1276, 1278, 1518 and 0601. I've pulled fuse 16 and 23 to reset PCM, have jumped it to make sure I have good voltage. Nothing changes...Any ideas....Please.

Barry
Tucson
Barry 1998,
I too, have 98 that did the same thing "Reduce Engine Power". Mine would start but would not go over 35 MPH. Had to have her flated bedded to shop. According to the 98 owners manual, when this occurs proceed directly to your nearest G.M dealer. Let me know what happen

CashCrew:thud:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check Fuses

Which fuses....the box in the engine bay or the one under the floor on pass side? Or any others....Thanks for the help.

Barry

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
give me some more info. did it rain or did ya wash it.what did you do. what is voltage of batt. use a dvm. ALL FUSES ARE TO BE CHECKED AND DONT USE A TEST LIGHT. under hood fuses first

·
Registered
100 Posts
Synchronization!!!!!

give me some more info. did it rain or did ya wash it.what did you do. what is voltage of batt. use a dvm. ALL FUSES ARE TO BE CHECKED AND DONT USE A TEST LIGHT. under hood fuses first
Hey extanker,
I am more of a customization type of guy & I leave all that "Mechanical Tech" stuff up to my tech. What I was told upon completion of the repairs, was that due to my A/C compressor being no longer operable, this affected other things in the computer until it gave off this code. You see, all things w/in our cars that are running on computers do so in harmony. When something major is no longer sending the correct messages, at some point the system will arm & protect itself by disabling the functioning of the vehicle. If you are a tech then I know you are aware of this. If not, it must be put on a scanner to locate the origin of the codes. Let me know. Are you still having this problem??? If so, I will put you in touch w/my tech.

CashCrew:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,

Thanks for the advise on my starting problem...Turns out it was the PCM had went out. $575 at the Chevy house and it's back up and running. Thanks again for the help....this is a great resourse.

Barry
Tucson

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Glad to hear you are back on the road:thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Forgettaboutit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advise on my starting problem...Turns out it was the PCM had went out. $575 at the Chevy house and it's back up and running. Thanks again for the help....this is a great resourse.

Barry
Tucson
Hey Barry 1998,
What is family For????:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts