Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be replacing my transmission fluid (automatic) next week. What have you guys used to pump fluid back in? Not like I can just pour the quarts in bottle by bottle

· Registered
3,517 Posts
You refill your automatic transmission. The same place your fluid level Dip Stick is located

But for you, I think you should let a Qualified professional do it.

· Registered
50 Posts
You refill your automatic transmission. The same place your fluid level Dip Stick is located

My C5 does not have a dip stick for the transmission. You put the fuild in the check plug on the tranny.

I would also like to know what others are using to pump the new fuild in with.

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Considering I know there is no dipstick on a Corvette and I need to put fluid in the fill port of the tranny and obviously recognize the issue BEFORE I drained it, I think I'm competent enough to be able to drain the fluid, drop the pan, change the filter, install the pan and refill it. I'm just wondering what tool people use when they have done it themselves, perhaps they will have a tool that works better than what I was thinking of using.

But thanks for your concern that I am not competent enough to work on my car.

· Registered
1,795 Posts
I use one of these, works great. You'll need something like that.

After filling the trans, you need to run the car through the gears either on a lift or jacked up.
The engine must be running while topping off the fluid to assure all lines & cooler are filled also.
Then I like to road test and re-check the level again (engine running)

· Premium Member
30,674 Posts

Bon, you don't have a Corvette, do you...

The C5 don't got no stinkin' dip stick for the tranny. It's a sealed unit! :laughing:

That's a sweet tool 4DRUSH. A lot better than this Auto Zone crappy thing that I used. One end blew off the pump when I was filling my differential and shot fluid all over my face and under the car. Good thing that I was wearing goggles! :thud:

· Registered
5,155 Posts

The C5 don't got no stinkin' dip stick for the tranny. It's a sealed unit! :laughing:

That's a sweet tool 4DRUSH. A lot better than this Auto Zone crappy thing that I used. One end blew off the pump when I was filling my differential and shot fluid all over my face and under the car. Good thing that I was wearing goggles! :thud:

Them Auto Zone units(and the like I usual get the Advanced Auto version) are good for two uses tops:down:

I need to find one of those uist like 4DRUSH showed:hump:

· Registered
3,517 Posts
Considering I know there is no dipstick on a Corvette and I need to put fluid in the fill port of the tranny and obviously recognize the issue BEFORE I drained it, I think I'm competent enough to be able to drain the fluid, drop the pan, change the filter, install the pan and refill it. I'm just wondering what tool people use when they have done it themselves, perhaps they will have a tool that works better than what I was thinking of using.

I changed the fluid in my M12 manual transmission,

I used the pump to change the fluid

I don't own an auto transmission

Thus I assumed it had a Dipstick

· Registered
3,517 Posts

Hey Bone head I have a M12 manual tranmission in my C5 Z06

Not an auto

Are you still driving an Auto ? Lol Twice:nuts:

· Premium Member
30,674 Posts
Hey Bone head I have a M12 manual tranmission in my C5 Z06

Not an auto

Are you still driving an Auto ? Lol Twice:nuts:
Yep, and I will drive one till I die. Of course, you can't go from 1st to 2nd while playing with these because you're too busy playing with your knob! :nuts:

· Registered
653 Posts
Yep, and I will drive one till I die. Of course, you can't go from 1st to 2nd while playing with these because you're too busy playing with your knob! :nuts:

MORE PLEASE! :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,517 Posts

Would'nt know I own a manual 03 Z06

Which I change the fluid every spring Via a pump

I assumed you have an automatic which I've never owned in a Corvette

All my vettes have been manual

Just trying to help

Bon

· Premium Member
30,674 Posts
Who cares Bro I live in Los Angeles

You THink We Ain't got those X2 here lol

Bro I ran Beverly Hills and Malibu for years

I still ain't driving no auto

In a performance car
I was a cop there so I know what you have to choose from. Watch out for the cross dressers. They have sticks too! :rolling:

· Registered
5,988 Posts
:rolling:. You tell em' AJ :agree:

· Registered
3,517 Posts
I was a cop there so I know what you have to choose from. Watch out for the cross dressers. They have sticks too! :rolling:
I've never had a problem Distinguishing between a man or a women

All my women have been clearly female/Extremely Feminine

Sorry for your Bad Encounters, A.J

I can see now why you moved to Louisville Kentucky :rolling:

Yuk Yuk Yuk

Ahhhhhhhh Shucks

Bon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.