Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am addressing a fuel supply deficiency. My Corvette is a 2000. It came with an LS1. I have swapped it to a LSX376-b8 and so I need to do away with the filter/regulator. In the below picture the GM filter/regulator out of my car is on the left and the FAST fuel pressure regulator with some carefully selected fittings is on the right..

That filter regulator lived a very short lifespan from the manufacturer. It didn't even last the whole c5 corvette generation. The C5 Z06 had the new C6 corvette fuel system that had no filter and the regulator moved to the tank with the pump. This is because that filter is a restriction that creates a pressure differential on either side of it's element at higher flowrates. And let's just be real with each other for a minute here. If the fuel injectors can flow enough to create this pressure differential than there is no need to filter the fuel down to low number microns. Generally on 400+hp applications the pintle on the injector is such that if it will pass through the sock in the tank it will blow right through the injector. It frustrates me to no end to see all the LS3 swaps out there that run one of these filter regulators that was meant to fuel 350hp but abandoned for just 405hp. But enough about my rant. I have fixed my problem and here is my regulator installed where the filter used to be..

And not just will I get more fuel for the higher output engine, but I do not ever have to service it as there is no element inside to collect dirt and clog.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have observed that all an fittings are not created equal. Some have different size I.D. and so I was sensitive to the fittings I used to set this up. They are all 8an fittings. And they are from racetronix. They had the largest I.D. I have seen from any fitting.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ya, and the seats. I took the harness and seat control module out of the factory seat and plugged it all in under the racing seats so I still have power telescopic steering and memory for the mirrors and the telescopic steering wheel. And the seats feel great..

And they look great even from outside the car..

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Nice write up Wiz. Sometimes you amaze me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts