Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 is running fine but it has exceptionally noisy injectors compared to other C4s that I have listened to. I have checked with a stethescope to be sure that it is not something else and it is definitely the injectors. A sharp clicking sound is heard from each one. ALso a popping sound comes from the little round assembly on the fuel lines. I think its a check valve or equalizer valve or something.

Anyway, since it has not affected the running of the engine in any way, I have been reluctant to mess with it up to now. However, it seems to be getting noisier lately. (Almost sounds like a solid lifter engine)

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why they are so noisy? Is it a symptom of needed repair or replacement? Is there a simple fix? Or should I just leave it alone?

(No, I have not tried an injector cleaner yet. I try to avoid using fuel additives.)

Thanks for any feedback.
Mike:huh:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
forget the carb-louder exhaust....:laughing: some people claim the fords injectors are a little quiter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
forget the carb-louder exhaust....:laughing: some people claim the fords injectors are a little quiter.<br>
My mechanic said not to worry about it but if the noise bothered me.....just turn up the radio!:laughing:

·
Registered
15 Posts
GM Multec injectors are usually a bit louder then most others.
I think that it is partly due to the metal exterior compared to the the plastic outer shells like Bosch. The also have more moving mass than most.
Cleaning usually doesn't seem change the noise much,at least on my injector cleaning / testing machine.
I believe that new (non hardened) O-rings can help keep noise from transferring to the fuel rail and manifold. Also the new O-rings keep from getting metal to metal contact.

Gordon

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hey Mike,
i think the little round thing your talking about is the regulator.passenger side rear of manifold?the popping might just be the injector sound making a harmonic noise thru the rails.

i thought the C4 G.M. injectors were Bosch?i haven't looked at a C4 for a while so could be wrong.
Anyone try Accel injectors?i was going to use those,but sold the car and never tried them...:smokin:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
GM uses both Bosch and Multec injectors. I'm not sure about which years used which injector b/c my Corvette FI and Engine Management book shows 2 different things. :rolleyes: I have the Bosch on my '87. Those have a metal outer shell, damn things statred to rust when I drove it last winter. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well.....as I said, the car is running fine and maybe I should just leave it alone if the noise is not a symptom of problems to come?

However, if I decide to change them, is it a big job? Has anyone actually changed their injectors?:huh: I could use a few pointers on doing a re & re.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts