Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u guys and girls think of installing a remote starter in my 91 vette conv (i had the dealer whining about it in my 02 trail blazer) they use any excuse if they come up short on there shop time. thanx ps im shure there r some beter tecs then thelatter mentioned thanx

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
most dealers sublet out alarm/starter installations ... call a few dealers & find out who they use. Mobil Electronics is a big one, They will install your system at YOUR work in YOUR parking lot
It will save you some $$$ too

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I've heard of install horror stories about the remote starting systems. I think Bulldog drew the most complaints. I don't really remember what the exact problems were, just that the people were using more foul language than explaing the problem. :laughing:

I have the auto start on my van and that took the dealer 2 days to install.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Chevrolet dealer here in town was thinking about hiring me to do this kind of stuff. Most problems come in the form of GM's anti theft devices such as VATS, Passlock 1, and Passlock 2. Most high quality manufactures have gone around these systems with their own modules. I have one on this 99 Tahoe that I recently purchased. The remote start system works fine. It does have Passlock 2. Who ever put it in though could have done some things different, but as I said it works.

There can be problems finding a tach wire that the remote starts use to tell if the motor is running or not. When you start putting these systems on late model hi-tech engines that is when you can have problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts