Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems like my problem is not unusual. My driver's window, after a few months of sometimes working, sometimes not, has finally stopped going down. I read in these threads where others have had similar problems, and I even used one idea that worked for a while. I pulled the door panel and tapped on the motor with a wrench, and the window started working for a couple of days. Stopped again today. I read that someone took out the motor/regulator and cleaned it to remove carbon deposits, and it's working fine. Can anyone tell me how to remove/replace the unit so I can try that? I see three nuts that hold it in place, but I'd hate to get into something I can't handle. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I pulled my driver side out in less than an hour,it's very easy...
Remove the door trim panel.
Remove the water deflector.
Remove the radio speaker assembly from the door.
.1. Disconnect the electrical/audio connector.
.2. Remove the speaker retaining screws.
Remove the plugs from the window clamp sight access holes.
Remove the door window.
Disconnect the regulator motor electrical connector.
Remove the front plug from under the bottom of the door.
Mark the location of the regulator to aid in reassembly.
Remove the nuts from the regulator lower channel studs.
Remove the nuts from the regulator motor studs.
Remove the regulator rose bud clip from the door.
Remove the nuts from the upper regulator channel studs.
Fold the regulator and remove the regulator through the door inner opening.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
CAUTION: Refer to Express Down Feature caution in Service Precautions. Adjust the regulator jack screws to match the old regulator if replacing the regulator.
Fold the regulator and insert the folded regulator into the door with the motor forward.
Position the motor studs through the door inner panel. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the nuts to the motor studs. Tighten Tighten the window regulator motor nuts to 10 N.m (89 lb in) .
Install the regulator channel studs through the holes in the door.
Install the nuts to the regulator channel studs in the following order:
.1. Upper forward
.2. Lower forward
.3. Upper rearward
.4. Lower rearward Install the regulator rose bud clip to the door.
Tighten the window regulator channel stud nuts. Tighten Tighten the regulator channel stud nuts to 10 N.m (89 lb in) .
Connect the electrical connector to the motor.
Reconnect the window switch and raise the regulator to the full up position.
Install the window.
Adjust the window to align with door opening.
Install the plugs in the window clamp sight access holes.
Install the uppermost screw mounting the speaker assembly to the door.
Install the remaining screws in a criss-cross pattern. Tighten Tighten the door speaker assembly screws to 2.5 N.m (22 lb in) .
Connect the electrical/audio connector.
Install the water deflector.
Install the door trim panel.
Check the window fit, adjust as necessary.
Install the access plugs into the bottom of the door.

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
My passenger window was having a similar problem, it would go down part way then stop and not move at all. I could hear the motor clicking to work but nothing happened, so I took the door apart and removed the window and motor. The motor is plastic and the rotating shaft had worn a small track in the plastic. To make a long story short, I used a utility knife blade and placed it in the top of the motor housing where the worn spot was and made sure that there was plenty of lubricant on the side with the rotating assembly. Good old fashioned shade tree mechanicing :cool:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Before changing anything,always pull your codes,after i removed mine,it turned out to be the door module...it was in the history codes.I just didn't have time to check,so i assumed,we all know what that stands for..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts