Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Finally I decided to remove these BSM's from my doors. This look reminds me lots of when I shave off my goatee......different not bad! :cool: I have heard all the ways such as floss to run under the moulding tape etc. but I came up witha safe non damaging way to remove them. There are plastic beveled body puddy applicators made of soft flexible plastic. The 2 nice features are the bevel, which aides cutting the tape and also the fact that they are soft plastic, which stops any potential scratching. After it was done I used mineral spirits and a rag to remove 90% of the sticky goo left behind, cleaner wax and Zaino. It looks as if they were'nt ever there and it would be easy to re-install if I wanted to place it back to original.....but why? QuickRick.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
QuickRick said:
Guys, Finally I decided to remove these BSM's from my doors. This look reminds me lots of when I shave off my goatee......different not bad! :cool: I have heard all the ways such as floss to run under the moulding tape etc. but I came up witha safe non damaging way to remove them. There are plastic beveled body puddy applicators made of soft flexible plastic. The 2 nice features are the bevel, which aides cutting the tape and also the fact that they are soft plastic, which stops any potential scratching. After it was done I used mineral spirits and a rag to remove 90% of the sticky goo left behind, cleaner wax and Zaino. It looks as if they were'nt ever there and it would be easy to re-install if I wanted to place it back to original.....but why? QuickRick.
At least you got them off without hacking the heck out of the paint.

I could tell you a story about a friend who wanted to remove the applied "dealership sticker" from the tailgate of his new black truck. He thought he should use a flat-head screwdriver. Needless to say, that tailgate had to be repainted.
:laughing:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
good job,
i don't like the side molding.luckly when i bouhjt the car used,that was the one option the origanal owner did not get.my car is so low,the molding is usless anyway.my mirror gets hit once in a while.later.....:smokin:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
What sort of glue/tape are they held on with? just curious.
Is this the same for the C4 GS rear fender flares?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, Sorry I haven't been here for a while. The mouldings are on with doublesided sticky tape. It isn't the white 3M stuff you see normally but a gray colored tape. The car looks pretty clean now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Originally posted by QuickRick ...<br>
Guys, Sorry I haven't been here for a while. The mouldings are on with doublesided sticky tape. It isn't the white 3M stuff you see normally but a gray colored tape. The car looks pretty clean now.<br>
Any pic's?:huh:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
some people use dental floss and hair dryer's....
some owner's claim they just fall off sometime's,right out of the blue...:laughing:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BSM's gone

Guys, For now indulge me until I get a pic in my signature. Find the latest pic in "Gallery Main page--C5" . :cool: It was taken at a Pontiac car show this past Sunday. Can you spot Andy's aluminum anti-rub rails at the frame area? QuickRick

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Re: BSM's gone

Originally posted by QuickRick ...<br>
Guys, For now indulge me until I get a pic in my signature. Find the latest pic in "Gallery Main page--C5" . :cool: It was taken at a Pontiac car show this past Sunday. QuickRick<br>
Sorry but pics in signatures are not supported. Makes the pages load much faster.

This pic would make a great looking Avatar :thumbsup:
Great shot.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
nice car though..
that thing is damn near as low as mine...:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts