Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out my seats to work on them and a few other things and found some evidence of some prior residents. :)

Pile of fossilized mouse poop, mouse poison and mouse pooped colored with mouse poison. :)

Is this anything near factory padding? Or is this rubber house padding from the 80s under this carpet? Like it looks like to me?

Here is a picture of the ratty (pun intended) carpet. It folds over itself. Is that how factory carpet is, or should it all be one piece. It looks like the carpet in the car is in at least 3 pieces.
This is a picture of where the seat is located going up toward the back of the car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The carpeting looks decent behind the seat. That is definitely house padding. I just tore some of that out in my Grandmothers house. (From the 60's or 70's)

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
That looks like correct carpeting. Cut pile, and sectioned in the right places. The floors are separate from the bulk head piece.

The padding is not correct, nor designed for automotive use.

I like a good thick sound deadening material like Dynamat Extreme down on the clean floors. Follow that with a jute or heat barrier insulation of some kind...followed by carpet.

Some carpet comes with jute already glued to the back. This is not a bad thing. It works well enough that's it's still in production on brand new cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts