Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,029 Posts
You didn't say what year you had but if you get a code P1416 it generally point to the Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System.
Yes, you can clear the codes but you should find out why you a gretting them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't say what year you had but if you get a code P1416 it generally point to the Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System.
Yes, you can clear the codes but you should find out why you a gretting them
Thanks for that the car is a 2001 Roadster LS1 the code says the Catch valve on the passenger side bank is blocked? I have cleared the fault but it will come back i have a replacment valve but changing it is difficult.What happens if you put headers on this year of Corvette? This system is not nesessary is it

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is an interesting, logical, easy replacement to see on YouTube. It involves cutting the old, bad passenger side secondary air injection check valve out and leaving it there bolted to the back of the driver side head. You replace the check valve and mount it just like the driver side one, almost making underhood look symmetrical. It is a worthwhile project, and entertaining as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is an interesting, logical, easy replacement to see on YouTube. It involves cutting the old, bad passenger side secondary air injection check valve out and leaving it there bolted to the back of the driver side head. You replace the check valve and mount it just like the driver side one, almost making underhood look symmetrical. It is a worthwhile project, and entertaining as well!
thanks for that I will do just that I saw the youtube video and it looks straightforward
,thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts