Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have some water spots on my glass that I can't seem to get out. I tried Stoners glass cleaner, and I tried using the clay bar. Any other ideas on how I could remove these? I was thinking of using some of Adam's fine machine polish and the PC to try and get these out, but this won't work in the corners of the front glass.

Thanks for the help,

-CHris

·
Registered
138 Posts
Distilled white vinegar, glass polish, barkeeper's friend, etc.
Agreed...

The problem with water spots on glass, is that they are usually "etched" into the glass. So you need something that has a little cut to it.

I have used Zaino Z-PC with my Porter-Cable on glass and a white polishing pad. The windows came out looking like new.:thumbsup:

For the corners, you just have to work them by hand (fingers with microfiber towel)...

·
Registered
587 Posts
RAIN X will cover them over so they can not be seen

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use a Mr clean magic eraser pad and it works great on the glass. I have used it to take off water spots and it also works well to take off the bug splatter on the glass that you can only see when it gets wet. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
clay bar

clay bar the window, and hit it with some adams briant spray glaze.
The clay bar should take out all of the water spots

·
Registered
99 Posts
Old Hot Rodder's Trick: Chrome Polish
If the spots aren't etched in, this works great with little effort.
I use Mother's Mag Wheel and Metal polish, even the old water spots below the wiper blades come off with this.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
You can always use the Fine Machine Polish first. If that is not aggressive enough, switch to the Swirl and Haze Remover and the green pad. When you get to the corners, use the SHR with an applicator by hand. It might take a couple of applications but you will get the corners looking good as the rest of the glass.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts