Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any rental car companies that will rent a car to two 21 year olds? I found most places only rent to 25+ ...

Lafe and I want to shoot nationals down in Georgia this summer, and driving is way too expensive...so we want to fly. The only way we can go is if we can rent a car there.

Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Hincapie said:
Does anyone know of any rental car companies that will rent a car to two 21 year olds? I found most places only rent to 25+ ...

Lafe and I want to shoot nationals down in Georgia this summer, and driving is way too expensive...so we want to fly. The only way we can go is if we can rent a car there.

Anyone know of any?
Thrifty will rent to under 25 if you have your own insurance.
I would advise renting in your name rather than Lafe's. Also have Lafe wait while you go rent the car. They are much easier on a 21yr old woman than a 21 year old guy. Good Luck :cheers:

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
I'd imagine that the cost of renting a car at our age (19-21) would easily offset any cost savings had by flying.

Back to the topic: No I don't know of any. You might see if a rental company will do a co-sign of sorts with one of your parents...

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Amy, my oldest son is 23, he has rented cars before when he was away. He is in the Air Force so maybe they make an exception because of that. If I see him online or talk to him over the next couple days i will ask him what the deal is.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think lafe's record is more favorable than mine...he is male, but he has his own insurance, AAA member, clean record in the past year. I am on my parent's insurance, not an AAA member (although my parents claim I am on theirs), and i have a speeding ticket (stupid jersey).
:laughing: :laughing:

we have to figure out the cost of all of this to see if its still reasonable. we'll still have to pay for gas down there, the only things the school will pay for is hotel and entry fees. which is still a big help, it doesnt help that gas will most likely be $253 a gallon by then. :bang

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I just checked Thrifty's website here is the info

Q - How old do I have to be to rent a car from Thrifty?
A - The renter must be at least 21 years of age, though there are a few areas in which those under 21 have the opportunity to rent. Renters under the age of 25 will be subject to a daily surcharge. Thrifty Car Rental will rent to government renters under the age of 21 who are on official business. Outside the U.S., Thrifty Car Rental operators impose a maximum rental age that varies by country. Thrifty Car Rental recommends that renters check with their travel agent or car rental company prior to traveling.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
midnite902 said:
I just checked Thrifty's website here is the info

Q - How old do I have to be to rent a car from Thrifty?
A - The renter must be at least 21 years of age, though there are a few areas in which those under 21 have the opportunity to rent. Renters under the age of 25 will be subject to a daily surcharge. Thrifty Car Rental will rent to government renters under the age of 21 who are on official business. Outside the U.S., Thrifty Car Rental operators impose a maximum rental age that varies by country. Thrifty Car Rental recommends that renters check with their travel agent or car rental company prior to traveling.
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: thanks john!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Make sure you get an insurance card that shows you are covered in hired (rented) dcars. Your agent will be able to help you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Make sure you have a credit card, they might not rent without one. ( your being in school , you might not have one). Might be able to use your parents tho,,, I dont know.
enterprise: $15 extra a day for 21 to 24 yrs

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
huk_finn said:
Make sure you have a credit card, they might not rent without one. ( your being in school , you might not have one). Might be able to use your parents tho,,, I dont know.
Ummm...at 21 years of age, I'd hope that Amy is in College...

:thumbsup:

EDIT: Wow am I dumb today...disregard this post...

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Hincapie said:
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: thanks john!
Hey what can I say, I have always been a pushover for a Gorgeous Woman:thumbsup: :smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts