Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been reading the posts in this section and there is a lot of good info here.

My daughter's 87 coupe is in bad need of a paint job and I'm planning on doing this myself early next year. It is currently the stock Medium Blue Metallic and my first thought to reshoot it the same color. However, I would love to change it to Nassau Blue....with maybe a nice white stripe. Now to my question...

How much additional hassel is it to change the color? Anybody changed their color? Redone the door jambs, headlight bezels, under hood trim, etc.? I'm thinking it would be about another 50% more effort to change the color. Any advice? Thanks!

:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
RamjetVette said:
Hi guys, been reading the posts in this section and there is a lot of good info here.

My daughter's 87 coupe is in bad need of a paint job and I'm planning on doing this myself early next year. It is currently the stock Medium Blue Metallic and my first thought to reshoot it the same color. However, I would love to change it to Nassau Blue....with maybe a nice white stripe. Now to my question...

How much additional hassel is it to change the color? Anybody changed their color? Redone the door jambs, headlight bezels, under hood trim, etc.? I'm thinking it would be about another 50% more effort to change the color. Any advice? Thanks!

:buhbye:
I'm sure you know, you have to remove the interior to do it right. I think it's a significant hassle to change colors. I would say more than triple the amount of time. Once you factor in weather stripping and god knows what else.... has to be taken off.

But, if you have the time.....

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I agree, it is a lot of work as Patrick mentioned. All waether stripping, door jams, rear glass, door panels, front and rear bumper (if you want it done right). Plus how bad is the paint? Might need to be stripped, etc...just something to think about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts