Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I have a low mileage 2019 C7 GS 7 spd manual that I bought when I learned that the C8s will never offer a manual option. Last of the breed apparently!
Love the car and the way it handles and rips up the road, although you just about have to be a computer programmer to take advantage of all
the electronic features this car offers (my C5 is sooo much simpler!). But I'm not in love with the summer only tires the GS came with. These tires
hold the road really well but they're sticky & gravel clings to them like they're flypaper. User manual says not to drive the car below 40 degrees F or on ice, etc.,
which is another drawback.

When I had it in for 500 mile service, one of the service managers mentioned a client who had the same 'vette and put Michelin winter (not all season)
tires on his and was very happy with the results all year round. Would cost about $1300 for a set of four from Tire World.

Anyone else heard about this substitution & whether it is a worthwhile upgrade? Why would winter tires be preferred to all season? Aren't they 'sticky' too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, good article. But I would like to see more info about how the winter tires perform in the summer. Are they comparable to summer tires or do you
give something up in the way of traction & ride?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, good article. But I would like to see more info about how the winter tires perform in the summer. Are they comparable to summer tires or do you
give something up in the way of traction & ride?
You can run winter tires in summer but they will wear more quickly, and expect poor grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts