Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through some of the other threads regarding this issue. I already know that when the blinker flashes fast, that usually indicates a blinker bulb is out, it did that on other chevy's I've owned.

Anyway, so the old bulb did not have any busted filament but I replaced it anyway, but the new bulb also does not 'blink'. The daytime running lights still work and parking lights but the blinker does not. Also on a side note, it appears the seat that the bulb fixture sits in is stripped, I have electric tape holding it in its place for the time being.

But anyone have any insights as to why the blinker is not working if its not a bulb. Car is '01 Z06. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ihave an 03 Z06 and had the same issue. Water gets down in the bulb conecter and corodes the conections. I bought the Advance Auto conectors and pulled out all the connections and put them in my old housing. I also got new side light housings ( the old ones had a hole burned through the top). So far no issues but only time can tell.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ihave an 03 Z06 and had the same issue. Water gets down in the bulb conecter and corodes the conections. I bought the Advance Auto conectors and pulled out all the connections and put them in my old housing. I also got new side light housings ( the old ones had a hole burned through the top). So far no issues but only time can tell.:thumbsup:
:agree: I was able to clean my connectors up with contact cleaner and some light scraping of the connector but I did have to replace the corners because of cracks from the bulb heat. I want to put some LED's in before the new lenses get in the same shape from the bulb heat again.

·
Registered
984 Posts
:agree: I was able to clean my connectors up with contact cleaner and some light scraping of the connector but I did have to replace the corners because of cracks from the bulb heat. I want to put some LED's in before the new lenses get in the same shape from the bulb heat again.
i had the same issue today changed out a good bulb and still no blink....cleaned and bent in my termials and wohla......btw putting in led you have to get a no load flasher or the lights will blink either very fast or just stay on ..... a no load flasher is desined just to turn on and off no matter what the load is...thus blinkers blink at normal rate.....the led bulbs have bareley any load tot hem...unless you buy the reallt expensive ones with a resistor built in.... good luck

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
i had the same issue today changed out a good bulb and still no blink....cleaned and bent in my termials and wohla......btw putting in led you have to get a no load flasher or the lights will blink either very fast or just stay on ..... a no load flasher is desined just to turn on and off no matter what the load is...thus blinkers blink at normal rate.....the led bulbs have bareley any load tot hem...unless you buy the reallt expensive ones with a resistor built in.... good luck
The hyperflash bypass cable at Corvette Enhancements will remedy that problem. :thumbsup:

OP, if you have to use tape to hold a bulb in place, what makes you think the thing is supposed to work correctly? Hello, that's not stock! :laughing:

You need to replace the sockets that hold the bulbs. Yours are obviously corroded from water so you also need to replace your lenses. They are leaking water. The socket you need is the LS15.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The hyperflash bypass cable at Corvette Enhancements will remedy that problem. :thumbsup:

OP, if you have to use tape to hold a bulb in place, what makes you think the thing is supposed to work correctly? Hello, that's not stock! :laughing:

You need to replace the sockets that hold the bulbs. Yours are obviously corroded from water so you also need to replace your lenses. They are leaking water. The socket you need is the LS15.
:laughing: damn wish I had known that that was the socket I needed I acutually had to replace the connectors in the socket because I did not know what the socket I needed was:bang:nuts:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry, what I meant was the bulb sits in the socket correctly, but the plastic housing that holds the entire assembly seems to be stripped, and the bulb/socket/and wire assembly will not stay put.

As for the other comments, thanks, I will try checking the connections and look for corrosion.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Okay, that's better. You are definitely going to need new housings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts