Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a painted roof for my C6. It came off a 05 c6. It is in new condition and the right color. My question is if I have delamination problems will the recall only apply to the orginal owner? The dealer is clueless he gave me a diffinate MAYBE as to weather or not it is covered in the recall. Anyone out there had a similiar experience with a roof? thanks for your responses. WJC:cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the info I needed @ 1-800-1020 GM customer Dis-Service. NO recall only applies to orginal car and orginal owner. Quess I'll have to find a 07 silver roof instead of an 05 or take my chances. After KATRINA I don't rely on my good luck anymore. :agree:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not true....the recall is indefinite and for whoever owns the car no matter how many times it changes hands.... its a safety recall. Chevrolet will NEVER be able to get out of this....

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Not true....the recall is indefinite and for whoever owns the car ....
He will have a tough time explaining why his '07 vehicle has an earlier version roof.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Not true....the recall is indefinite and for whoever owns the car no matter how many times it changes hands.... its a safety recall. Chevrolet will NEVER be able to get out of this....
your wrong! the recall was vin oriented. GM does not have to fix something that was sold by a consumer, the consumer at that point is responsible if something happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
your wrong! the recall was vin oriented. GM does not have to fix something that was sold by a consumer, the consumer at that point is responsible if something happens.
According to my local dealer....if for some reason a car that was sold had squeaked by without having had the recall done....(they keep records) Chevrolet is obligated no matter who owns the car to do the recall on that car...of course on the "VIN oriented" cars I'm speaking of....

Seems logical as well....I've had safety recalls performed on out of warranty vehicles that I have purchased second hand without a problem....

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to my local dealer....if for some reason a car that was sold had squeaked by without having had the recall done....(they keep records) Chevrolet is obligated no matter who owns the car to do the recall on that car...of course on the "VIN oriented" cars I'm speaking of....

Seems logical as well....I've had safety recalls performed on out of warranty vehicles that I have purchased second hand without a problem....
Gotta agree here. I had a C-5 that was just shutting down & the ignition would lock as well. It was a recall & the local dealer flatbed the C5 and fixed the problems at no charge and I was not the orginal owner. Besides the C5 was already 8 yrs old

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dealer will not fix it with your VIN.

I can speak to this, as I had a roof from a 2005 C6 that delaminated on me a month after I bought it from a guy. When they ran my 2006 C6 VIN it showed roof painted panel roof delete, as mine only came with the tinted one. I pushed it up through Chevy's system and it was declined at every level. Bottom line if it did not come with your car, they will not honor the warrenty. now if the guy you are getting it from takes it in with his car on the chance it pops, then they might fix it. I used gorilla glue and some clamps, and it held up for 3 years, and maybe longer since I traded it in. Re-gluing is in the TSB first to try not replace. It is all your risk. I would look for a mid year 2006 or later top as they changed glue. Good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts