Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to replace my drive side sun visor as one of the hinges on the vanity mirror is broken. Been that way since I got the car 3 1/2 years ago.

Problem is all the cataloges and on-line vendor seem to only have them in black. I've got the 50th anniversary version with the shale interror.

Rather than trying to find one at junk yard anybody know where I can find one? Would a dealer still stock something like this?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,773 Posts
That should be available from the dealer or you could get a black one and have it recovered at a local auto upholstery shop

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The dealer is the last place that I would go since they are going to rip you bad on the price. There are all kinds of shops doing aftermarket visors for cheaper that look a ton better than stock. They will even redo the ones you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Corvettedad, were there issues getting the mirror off, then back on to have the visors recovered?

I'm planning on taking mine in to get redone, but the guy said there's some cases where you can't put the mirror back on.

From what I saw in some of the Homelink mod threads it looks like the mirror gets held to the hardboard with some pins that look like they get melted to make kind of like a rivet. I suppose those pins need to be cut in order to get the mirror off and allow you to put new cover material under the frame of the mirror. The trouble then would be how do you get the mirror to reattach to the hardboard?

Technical and detailed I know, but figured I'd ask if you left your mirrors off, or maybe knew how it was done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
No prob my guy's got skills my mirrors work fine and look great and both visors recovered an embroidered $55.00 bucks!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
No prob my guy's got skills my mirrors work fine and look great and both visors recovered an embroidered $55.00 bucks!:thumbsup:
That's about $45 cheaper per side than the dealer will charge for stock ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
corvettedad

I have a 04 commemorative convertible and I am looking to have the sun visors redone.Could you please tell me who did yours,that is what I am looking for.I would like them to redo mine,could you give me there name and phone number,I will call them and see if I can ship mine to them to be redone.
Thanks,
Ed:buhbye::buhbye:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Your visors look great. Old post, but I'd sure like to have the same guy re-do my C5 visors. Even after market replacements are around $200 shipped for a set, and much more than that for OEMs, and either option is still just the original fabric, not leather, and will dog ear after a short time in the wind. I'd much rather have mine recovered professionally in leather, and ideally have the Corvette emblem embroidered on it like yours has. I also want to have a Homelink module sewn in and wired into the mirror light, which should be a no-brainer for anyone doing this job. Tried to send you a private msg. but that option wasn't available. If you see this post, please let me know if you still have the info for the guy that did your visors. Thanks!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I am going to have a set made locally with microsuade. Both of mine are falling apart- sun always beats on them as I rarely have the top on haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am going to have a set made locally with microsuade. Both of mine are falling apart- sun always beats on them as I rarely have the top on haha
Yeah, my top's never on either, not if the weather allows. And I'm in southern California, so that's the majority of the year. My visors dog-eared so long ago from the wind that I don't even remember them ever not being dog-eared. No holes in my fabric yet, and they still look pretty decent except for the ears and a worn spot on top where I have my blue tooth clipped. Hope I can find a good upholstery shop locally if this guy doesn't get back to me with info on his.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
lol a good portion of the fabric in mine is gone lol haha...im thinking microsuade with built in homelink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts