Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering (not that I plan to do this), how hard would it be to replace A/T 4L60E on C5 (2000 y. to be exact) for a manual transmission. Is this even possible, or is there to much to alter and add (clutch paddle, ect.)

I've been reading some posts here and I see A/T can be a pain in the a** if it goes broke. So IF it went broke, would it be a more sound decision to just replace it with manual (I heard it's easy to maintain and cheaper also)....

Any thoughts on that?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
You better have a very good mechanic and a big checkbook, not only for the cost of parts but for the install as well. The manuals list standard labor to just remove and replace the transmission at 8.9 hours. It can be done and I'm sure it has but it will be a big undertaking

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I know 1 person that has had this done. The guy that did the swap is a Corvette tech for a dealer, he did the work as a side job. It turned out great, I don't know what it cost. I know all the parts wer purchased at dealer cost so that helped.
It can and has been done though.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
The PCM programming would probably be as hard as the mechanical side of this project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts