Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on replacing BOSE HU with Pioneer 6900BU stereo. The installer told me that I need a BOSE adapter, for the aftermarket stereo to work with BOSE speakers. And also, that this combination won't sound as good b/c BOSE speakers are 8 OHM.

What I want is Pioneer HU, factory speakers, and a 10 or 12 inch sub with an amp. Can someone please explain what are my options and do I need to repalce the factory BOSE speakers?

Thanks

·
996 Posts
I am pretty sure that you have to replace the Bose speakers not only because they are 8ohm but becuase they are in weird sizes.

In your doors you have a 8 inch woofer with 2 inch mid range. In the back you have 6 1/2's. I replaced all my speakers with 6 1/2's when I put my computer in.

For the sub I would get one of these.

·
996 Posts
Thanks guys.

Morlock - where can I find the door spearker casing for 61/2 inch speakers?
In my garage.. :D

I made the casing myself out of aluminum I got from old road signs I had sitting around. I think I still have the template I drew up and I can mail that to you if you like.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree: I tried to put an Eclipse head unit in my C5 and it sounded like s**t. Once I went this far, I was forced to go all the way...(4) 6" Focals -2 in each door, (4) tweeters -1 in each door (mounted to one of the 6" speakers) and 1 in each front pillar (2) 5 1/2 Focals in the back (1) 10" sub in the sump with (2) amps and an Eclipse 5500 head unit. Now it sounds good. If your going to go halfway...stick with the stock unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts