Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing motor mounts. Advice/experience

Well I would like to replace my factory motor mounts! Seems like they are starting to sag a little because my exhaust (which never did) is starting to contact the passenger side motor mount!

Anyone had any good/back experiences with any particular brand?

All comments are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I use Energy Suspension

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
I have heard good stuff about Energy products in general, although I have no experience with them.

Shouldn't be too bad of a job at least. You have an engine hoist accessible near you? If not swing by and we'll knock it out:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think Ill need an engine hoist! I should be able to just support it from under :D We will see!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I dont think Ill need an engine hoist! I should be able to just support it from under :D We will see!
With what? If you are doing it via the oil pan, be VERY careful to put a wide enough piece of wood to spread out the force. My buddy learned the hard way.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning to lift it by the flux capacitor... :D :rolling:

·
Registered
110 Posts
looks like you have a 93 C4? I don't think the Energy Suspension clamshell inserts are applicable to LT1, LT4.

I haven't seen that Energy Suspension makes a part applicable to LTx's.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I just gottah ask:

Are you experiencing some kind of radical vibration ?

Do you have a broken motor mount ? Or did this idea just fly into your head one day while driving down the road ? :laughing:

Bon

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just gottah ask:

Are you experiencing some kind of radical vibration ?

Do you have a broken motor mount ? Or did this idea just fly into your head one day while driving down the road ? :laughing:

Bon
Passenger side longtube header is contacting the motor mount cause a "radical" vibration over 2500 rpms. :D

Cant see if its broken because the mount is covered in heat shield!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I replaced mine with the factory mounts, They're pretty durable. I can't imagine one every going bad. But thats just how I look at them. I would get an engine hoist, Putting a jack on your oil pan can be a bit risky. If you need any info shoot me a call, I also have 2 pretty new mounts sitting in my garage, I'd be willing to sell.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced mine with the factory mounts, They're pretty durable. I can't imagine one every going bad. But thats just how I look at them. I would get an engine hoist, Putting a jack on your oil pan can be a bit risky. If you need any info shoot me a call, I also have 2 pretty new mounts sitting in my garage, I'd be willing to sell.
Thanks man! But Ill prob just get new ones. I havent cofirmed that its the motor mounts yet but its the only logical option because I know the exhaust hasnt been bent!

Right now Im in the middle of finishing my C6Z06 rear brake install! So when thats done the vibration will be the next task at hand!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't wait to see that!:D
Me niether! HAHA! Almost done... Just found out some bad news about the bearings so once they come in... Itll be all bolted up and pics will be posted! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts