Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nail in my 9K mile original rear tire. The tire place says they wont patch run flats. A plug just isnt holding as it is between the treads. So I feel I need some input from the community.

1. Can someone patch a run flat?
2. Is replacing the rear tires with non run flats a good idea?
3. Which tires are best bang for the buck?
4. Can the rear be supported by the diff? 'cause I am not taking it to the tire place!

Fire away, I want to hear all opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I had a nail in my 9K mile original rear tire. The tire place says they wont patch run flats. A plug just isnt holding as it is between the treads. So I feel I need some input from the community.

1. Can someone patch a run flat?
2. Is replacing the rear tires with non run flats a good idea?
3. Which tires are best bang for the buck?
4. Can the rear be supported by the diff? 'cause I am not taking it to the tire place!

Fire away, I want to hear all opinions. Thanks
Yes runflats can be patch, has to be done from the inside, plugs are no recomended.
Replacing the tires with nonrunflats are common to most vette owners.
Most owners buy Nittos or Michelin, they are better and rides smoother, its up to you as to which one you prefer or can afford.
Yes you can jack the car from the rear to get the tires off but you can also place 2 blocks under the car at the jacking points after taking the wheels off for safety.
My recomendation is to take the car to the tires shop because they know the jacking points and it will be easier for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts