Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiper blades have only been replaced once since 2001. I want to play it safe and get new ones before the old ones break and scar my windshield.

For you that have went to a new set of blades, what would you recommend? I want only the best for my 01 C5.

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
99 Posts
:agree: i have had those wipers on my daily driver for almost two years and they still work great. the window treatment that is supplied with the wipers is like rainx but in my opinion better. I live in the NorthEast and they have done very well in the snow as well. they are really a great wiper.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wipers? :laughing:
Never used mine yet. but on other cars I use this. Above 40mph the water just blows off. On the hwy in a thunderstorm while others have their wipers on high, I dont have mine on at all! Great product! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
22" PIAA Super Sporza SiliconeW/Spoiler Wiper Blade (BLK)
Does anyone know where these wipers can be bought? Store or mail order and about how much......Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
PM sent..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Rain-x your windshield--it works wonders--the air flowing over it will be your wipers then. Their new wipers are also really good wipers. you can find them on their website www.rainx.com:thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
22" PIAA Super Sporza SiliconeW/Spoiler Wiper Blade (BLK)
I just installed a set before we got hit with the deluge of rain (they work phenomally, even in high winds). My son ordered them for me for my birthday. Unfortunately our tastes differ, and I ended up with the PIAA SS W/Spoiler like I wanted, but he ordered the carbon fiber ones. (how did I ever spawn a <shudder> ricer son> :laughing: I love the boy and don't want to hurt his feelings so they're on the car, but luckily I have MSG paint and they blend pretty nicely. You really have to be looking to notice the rice. Hell, his heart was in the right place. And in the end I still have a kick @ss set of wipers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here you go:
http://www.autobarn.net/pisupsilwipb1.html

They are really great. they come with a window treatment similar to rain-x but last far longer. Also the wipers are impregnated so it will constantly apply the treatment. I have these on my truck in CT for 2 years and still just as great as the day i got them even with snow and ice.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Man you heard it, any of the rain x products work really well. i use the windshield washer fluid on my daily driver since the vette never see's rain. it works great.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just installed a set before we got hit with the deluge of rain (they work phenomally, even in high winds). My son ordered them for me for my birthday. Unfortunately our tastes differ, and I ended up with the PIAA SS W/Spoiler like I wanted, but he ordered the carbon fiber ones. (how did I ever spawn a <shudder> ricer son> :laughing: I love the boy and don't want to hurt his feelings so they're on the car, but luckily I have MSG paint and they blend pretty nicely. You really have to be looking to notice the rice. Hell, his heart was in the right place. And in the end I still have a kick @ss set of wipers.
What do you mean by the rice? You talking about the spoiler on the blades? Does it look that much like a set of blades that you would normally see on a ricer show car or something?

·
Registered
258 Posts
What do you mean by the rice? You talking about the spoiler on the blades? Does it look that much like a set of blades that you would normally see on a ricer show car or something?
No the spoiler is subtle and adds stability at high speed. My ricer comment was prompted by the faux carbon fiber finish. If I think about it, I'll post a pic of them so you can see what I mean.

For clarification: these are the greatest performing wipers I've ever had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts