Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe no one has started an analysis thread on the elections last night. They were, to say the least, remarkable. I watched FOX 80% of the night and MSNBC about 20%, just to see what the liberal media was saying. It was like they were reporting on two different elections on two different planets. Olberman, Maddow, etc. spent the entire evening trying to convince viewers that this was NOT a historic election. If you stacked the numbers a certain way, you could claim it was just a speed bump for the Obama administration. Personally, I think the biggest swing in the House since the 30's qualifies as historic. What's your analysis of the elections?:cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Been saving this one for some time now...

I've never seen the cast of MSNBC look so miserable.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Responding to the cartoon, I think it is great that the Dems kept a slight margin in the Senate. This means the donkey doesn't really get to hand the keys over to the elephant. They are his whether he wants them or not. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
My analysis is, that we in the responsible states need to start right now, gathering our forces against the federalization of Kalifornia. They voted for taking a left where the mountain turns right, they are going off the cliff and I do not want 1 dime of my money going to save their stupid asses. Jerry Brown?? Seriously?? Come on man..

And I don't give 2 dead turkeys if Nevada's unemployment rate goes to 90%, they asked for it and they should get it. Harry Ried?? Seriously?? Come on man..

The republicans didn't win anything, the democrats lost, same as 08 only reverse the letter in front. They are on probation, the WH & the left are already starting to clean their image up so they can portray the reps as the bad guys. Barry will stress an "end to partisanship" now that they have lost the house, but the reps better not play ball with these people or they risk losing what little ground they gained with the people.

I think overall it is what I expected, Kali stayed on the road to the cliff, Nevada is trying to outdo Kali, and the east coast is still western Europe.

·
Super Moderator
8,544 Posts
I'm glad to see we conservatives made a few gains , hopefully back toward sanity
personally I can,t even conceive of an electorate DUMB ENOUGH to re-elect
,Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, but I stand in total awe of the stupidity in my opinion!
don,t those voters ever read the constitution or pay attention?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an amazing map when you look at the latest red/blue map. Blue along the west coast and the northeast and red pretty much everywhere else. There really are two Americas. The 10% of area where the liberals rule and the 90% of area where common sense rules. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in that 10% of area who can ruin it for the more sparsely populated middle.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
My analysis is, that we in the responsible states need to start right now, gathering our forces against the federalization of Kalifornia. They voted for taking a left where the mountain turns right, they are going off the cliff and I do not want 1 dime of my money going to save their stupid asses. Jerry Brown?? Seriously?? Come on man..

And I don't give 2 dead turkeys if Nevada's unemployment rate goes to 90%, they asked for it and they should get it. Harry Ried?? Seriously?? Come on man..

The republicans didn't win anything, the democrats lost, same as 08 only reverse the letter in front. They are on probation, the WH & the left are already starting to clean their image up so they can portray the reps as the bad guys. Barry will stress an "end to partisanship" now that they have lost the house, but the reps better not play ball with these people or they risk losing what little ground they gained with the people.

I think overall it is what I expected, Kali stayed on the road to the cliff, Nevada is trying to outdo Kali, and the east coast is still western Europe.
:agree:
A lot of D governors are filing for unemployment today though... The governors are what will make the difference when it comes to appropriations. Congress may write it, but the governors can block, if even for quite a long time.

And I agree totally on Kali, and Nevada...
Are you miffed on prop 19? :laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The two that stung the most for me were Whitman and Fiorina. I had to watch that imbecile Brown, give his victory speech last night. First thing out of his mouth as what he was going to work on... green jobs and education. What an asshole.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The two the stung the most for me were Whitman and Fiorina. I had to watch that imbecile Brown, give his victory speech last night. First thing out of his mouth as what he was going to work on... green jobs and education. What an asshole.
He's old, hope for a stroke...:laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Keep patting yourselves on the back boys but now the pubs have to start doing something. It was very lucky for them to be completely out of power as the worst recesion since the great depresion hit this country. That is what destroyed the dems. But if unemployement doesn't make some major improvements by 2012 the pubs will get the blame and Obama will preside for another four years. Of course if unemployment does improve Obama will get the credit too. Bit of a conundrum.

I see the pubs totaly overplaying thier hand just like the dems did, and another swing in 2012. I see lots of new investigations into Obama a la Clinton. Lots of special procecuters. And lots more frustration from the voters about how nothing is being solved.

Party on boys.:partyon::partyon:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
The two that stung the most for me were Whitman and Fiorina. I had to watch that imbecile Brown, give his victory speech last night. First thing out of his mouth as what he was going to work on... green jobs and education. What an asshole.
You mean that Palins support didn't change the world....Oh horror. :rolling::rolling::rolling: Guess you will still be bitching about how bad your state is. Maybe you should think about moving like all your wealthy buddies that you have always talked about. You know all the wealthy people who leave a state when taxes get too high. You could go to Texas. You would feel much better there. Hell you may even start living your life again there. :rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
There you go, brother. Put a positive spin on it !

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad to see we conservatives made a few gains , hopefully back toward sanity
personally I can,t even conceive of an electorate DUMB ENOUGH to re-elect
,Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, but I stand in total awe of the stupidity in my opinion!
don,t those voters ever read the constitution or pay attention?
I agree. California is going down a sinkhole and they voted for more of the same. They deserve what they get. That house of cards cannot stand much longer. High taxes, high costs, running business out of the state, catering to the public employee unions and illegal immigrants - and they want Brown, Boxer and Pelosi to steer full steam ahead. Wow. :crazy:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
There you go, brother. Put a positive spin on it !
My positive spin is as always...no mater who wins I will be just fine. Now I can breath easier knowing that my taxes will not be going up. Hell I even have a good conservative Governor running my state.....How about you. :rolling:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But if unemployement doesn't make some major improvements by 2012 the pubs will get the blame and Obama will preside for another four years.
How do you figure that? Historically, when times are bad, the Pres gets the lions share of the blame. Frankly, most voters don't even know who their representative is. If the economy turns around, it will definitely help Obama. But if it stays down, the only thing that will save him is a poor Republican candidate. I'm looking at the new crop for young, exciting leadership. I want to watch Rubio closely. He has many of the tools needed to be the next phenom-out-of-nowhere just like Obama was in 08. :cheers:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
even my goldfish knew the pubs were gonna gain house majority.

I wouldnt call it a Tsunami with the total number of house seats.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts