12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
You mis-titled your thread...

Republicans Hold Senate Ransom for Rich Tax Cut

Should be:

Republicans Hold Senate Ransom to prevent more tax hikes.

Can't be a cut, according to everything you have posted over the years, because you claimed that it's a "return to previous rates" which were all tax-hikes after it got above the initial rate.

:cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Tax inequality????? The top 5% already pay over 60% of income taxes. Yes, it's unequal. So you think it should be MORE unequal???? GMAFB:crazy:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Tax inequality????? The top 5% already pay over 60% of income taxes. Yes, it's unequal. So you think it should be MORE unequal???? GMAFB:crazy:
Were the majority of them not common theives and crooks, I would agree with you.. :laughing: But, since we know that an extremely lopsided majority of the money is held by the top 5%, and the way they control the government it squeezes the little guys out of a chance to join the top 5%, I say tax em until they are in the top 25%. And leave everyone making less than $10 million a year the hell alone.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
You mis-titled your thread...

Republicans Hold Senate Ransom for Rich Tax Cut

Should be:

Republicans Hold Senate Ransom to prevent more tax hikes.

Can't be a cut, according to everything you have posted over the years, because you claimed that it's a "return to previous rates" which were all tax-hikes after it got above the initial rate.

:thumbsup:
Exactly. More appropriately the term shouldn't be 'allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire', it should be 'the Obama tax hike'...

How long have they known this was coming? 10 years?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Were the majority of them not common theives and crooks, I would agree with you.. :laughing: But, since we know that an extremely lopsided majority of the money is held by the top 5%, and the way they control the government it squeezes the little guys out of a chance to join the top 5%, I say tax em until they are in the top 25%. And leave everyone making less than $10 million a year the hell alone.

The last figures I saw, the top 5% made something like 32% of the income and paid 60%+ of the taxes. That is not selfishness or stinginess. It seems about right to me if you can't have a flat tax.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The last figures I saw, the top 5% made something like 32% of the income and paid 60%+ of the taxes. That is not selfishness or stinginess. It seems about right to me if you can't have a flat tax.
Sure, but what percentage of the wealth do they hold/control? And what are the odds of a current high school student of attaining that 5% status in his lifetime? ;)

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Sure, but what percentage of the wealth do they hold/control? And what are the odds of a current high school student of attaining that 5% status in his lifetime? ;)
Ask LeBron James. :laughing:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just checking here....

Did anybody read the part where I mentioned that my thread title is the article title and not mine?:spanked:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back on topic....

The START Treaty........

Not your wallet.....:D

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
My point exactly. 1 out of a 50 million will make it. That's not acceptable. And James will probably never see all that money he is signed up for..
So, how about a tiered flat tax. No taxes except consumption side. If you make over $1 million per yer, you pay an additional 10% Dismantle the FED first and foremost, then go back to gold and/or silver backed tender.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Just checking here....

Did anybody read the part where I mentioned that my thread title is the article title and not mine?:spanked:
Yes, but they didn't title the thread. You did. :cheers:

So, how about a tiered flat tax. No taxes except consumption side. If you make over $1 million per yer, you pay an additional 10% Dismantle the FED first and foremost, then go back to gold and/or silver backed tender.
We have quite enough taxes, no need for income taxes on people making less than $10 million. The need is a reduction in spending. Tax abuse created this country, tax abuse will bring it down.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Since the top 5% starts at something around $300k/yr, the chances are far better than 1 in 50 million. If that kid works hard, gets a good education in the right field and has a little luck to boot, $300k/yr is totally attainable for anyone - assuming they start in their early teens working toward a serious goal. If you want to see the effect on the standard of living of eliminating the rich, just go look at any Communist country. People are being led to hate the rich by the Dems in this country. If they get their wish and all the rich people are brought down to size, be ready to drop your standard of living by a lot.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Did you even bother to read the link?

START Treaty.....:rolleyes:
The START treaty is great, for everyone except the US. Obama is all for nuclear disarmament.. much like everyone left of Reagen, but when you read between the lines, he wants to disarm us, not Russia.

One thing the last 20 or so months has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, is that with Obama & the progressives, you must read between the lines because they cannot espouse their true intentions.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

This graph gives us a very clear picture of what is happening in America. The right graph is the important one. The top 5% control 72% of the financial assets. The top 10% control 84% of the financial assets.

Middle class income is completely stagnent, middle class debt has been increasing for decades. I am all for equality in taxation, but right now its not equal at all.

Income on stocks is taxed at a mere 15%. Since the top 10% own ~81% of stocks it is unfair to tax this income at a rate below what the middle class would pay on regular income. If you really want to remove the progressive tax then all income must be taxed at the same level.

When R's passed the tax cut it was unfunded. All of the tax cuts have added to the deficit. If you call yourself a fiscal conservative then extending the tax cuts or making them perminant must be offset by reducing spending. Since the tax cuts for families making over $250000 will cost this country $700,000,000,000 over 10 years where will the money come from? If you have a solution for that, then I am all for the tax cuts, but good luck finding a free $70B a year.

Source of graphs

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
When R's passed the tax cut it was unfunded. All of the tax cuts have added to the deficit. If you call yourself a fiscal conservative then extending the tax cuts or making them perminant must be offset by reducing spending. Since the tax cuts for families making over $250000 will cost this country $700,000,000,000 over 10 years where will the money come from? If you have a solution for that, then I am all for the tax cuts, but good luck finding a free $70B a year.
Your analogy is incorrect. There never was a tax cut. Once the initial rate was exceeded, everything afterward was a hike. This was a reduction in that hike and not extending it is another hike because it moves opposite of the initial rate.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts