Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
All I can is, the first thing they did before the 'new guys' came in was shoot down the 'earmark' moratorium. When I saw that I realized it was 'business as usual'.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
How bout that new tax cut that was just passed?

They spent even more unfunded tax breaks than with the dems in charge. lol..
Was not passed yet. Just proposed. Now the pork gets attached to it...

Ried is going to get Internet Gambling in it. What a cool guy!

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
How bout that new tax cut that was just passed?

They spent even more unfunded tax breaks than with the dems in charge. lol..
:laughing: Nice try. Failure to raise taxes is not "spending". Congress has lived with the current rates for a decade. They should continue to do so. The only spending increases in this agreement were at the behest of the Dems.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no such thing as a tax cut.
You are correct. And extending what is in place would be avoiding a tax increse. Not actually extendinig tax cuts.
But of course the word play is "tax cuts" because it stirs good old emotion and envy. The money people earn belongs to them until it is taken by the government. By force if needed.
I love the very old but entertaining Bush, Cheney, Neocons that seems to never go away. The financial situation we are in is because of SPENDING not because of lack of taxes. I'm not happy with either party and how it's being handled. Lesser of the evils is a poor way to have to vote but that's what it has come to.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goes to Bush/Cheney/Neocons

BTW, why are so many people sad all the time?
I'm actually happy Ponch. I've outrun most of this mess. Sad as in what our country has become. Happy as can be with daily life. :cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The financial situation we are in is because of SPENDING not because of lack of taxes.
That and the fact that a down economy reduces revenue at the same tax rates. If the economy fires back up again, revenue will increase without a tax increase. Strategies should revolve around how to make that happen. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That and the fact that a down economy reduces revenue at the same tax rates. If the economy fires back up again, revenue will increase without a tax increase. Strategies should revolve around how to make that happen. :cheers:
Well put.:agree:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The financial situation we are in is because of SPENDING not because of lack of taxes.
You are indeed wise. Goes to that Predator thing...I think. :thumbsup:

One thing that never gets said is that even if the taxes go up, they spend more, if the taxes go down, they spend more. If we kept the same tax rates we have now, and shut down spending AND appropriations for one year, then put that revenue to actually paying down the debt we'd only be 1/13th towards paying the defecit off, and 1/130th towards paying for the unfunded liabilities.

It may already be too late.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
One thing that never gets said is that even if the taxes go up, they spend more, if the taxes go down, they spend more. If we kept the same tax rates we have now, and shut down spending AND appropriations for one year, then put that revenue to actually paying down the debt we'd only be 1/13th towards paying the defecit off, and 1/130th towards paying for the unfunded liabilities.

:agree: Elected officals have talked the talk for years now, People have now started them make them walk the walk, but the average non-taxpaying citizen is not willing to let that happen. Now the non-taxpaying citizen may be a minority in number but when push comes to shove to show up to vote (both early and offten) they have numbers that are hard to defeat (hence the Rangle, Reid, Boxer re-election)

I have heard people expain our defecit for 30+ years now, People have grown numb to it and what impact does in not have on everbody's day to day life up till now. Some people will tell you our dept will never be able to be paid back so what happens if we don't? I feel in the next couple of years me might just find out about this "what If" :lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You are indeed wise. Goes to that Predator thing...I think. :thumbsup:

I agree. As much as I hate to say it, I find myself leaning toward the recommendations of Obama's deficit commission. Their recommendations spread a lot of pain around for just about everybody. If enacted, there would be wailing and screaming from every known powerful constituency. But if we don't take some bearable pain soon, we will be in for some unbearable pain that we cannot put off in just a few years.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I'm actually happy Ponch. I've outrun most of this mess. Sad as in what our country has become. Happy as can be with daily life. :cheers:
Wait till your school union pension, hc and bennies get wacked by your state...:laughing:

It's on my voting list.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
:laughing: Nice try. Failure to raise taxes is not "spending". Congress has lived with the current rates for a decade. They should continue to do so. The only spending increases in this agreement were at the behest of the Dems.
What I was really trying to focus on was the stimulus for this bill, tax reductions for businesses, and the payroll stimulus via ss reduction changes for 2011.

None of it is paid for.
Bush's tax plan never was.
The small business stimulus never was.
The tax vacation for payrolls for 2011 never was.
Neither is unemployment extensions.

Not that I approve or disapprove of any of these, it's just that this was a bi-partisan bill with obama giving in to gop calls on the shots, and we got more spending than the dems were doing on their own.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
What I was really trying to focus on was the stimulus for this bill, tax reductions for businesses, and the payroll stimulus via ss reduction changes for 2011.
The stimulus was Obama's, tax rate extension was the pubs, not sure what the ss reduction was, but I think there is a proposal to lower the tax rate for SS recievers.
None of it is paid for.
Of course not. Anything congress spends money on is never paid for, they just increase or lower taxes and spend, spend, spend.
Bush's tax plan never was.
Of course not. Because congress didn't curtail the spending comensurate with the cuts. They just spend, spend, spend, and spend some more.
The small business stimulus never was.
What small business stimulus?
The tax vacation for payrolls for 2011 never was.
And it never will be. Congress just spends, spends, spends, and spends some more.
Neither is unemployment extensions.
And it never will be. Congress just spends, spends, spends, and spends some more.

Not that I approve or disapprove of any of these, it's just that this was a bi-partisan bill with obama giving in to gop calls on the shots, and we got more spending than the dems were doing on their own.
The pubs went in just demanding the tax rate extension for all Americans. The dems, in order to feel good about 'giving in' to the evil pubs, tacked on the rest of the pork. And they're not done yet. Harry Reid is sooo effing cool he is tacking on internet gambling as part of the package...

One month ago the deficit was $13 trillion, by Jan. 1st it will be $16 trillion. Hugh Jidett is a mofo!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wait till your school union pension, hc and bennies get wacked by your state...:laughing:

It's on my voting list.:thumbsup:
Not in a Union. Not a teacher. Made tough choices in our younger years to not have the latest and greatest. And my daughter graduates from college Saturday!! And has a job starting in January . Vote away. We shall still be good. We need you out and working so we can get some of that with holding to pay down the debt!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts