Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hanging out with my friend Patrick for a while, I've realized he is living MY dream. I've always wanted to put my talents to the test on the race track. So, now I'm at a point in my life that I need to decide if it's in my future. So tell me, what would it take (money wise) for me to build a c3/c4/c5 track car that would allow me to spank some ass at the track? :huh:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If you plan on using the car for the track only, find an old used SCCA racer. If you want to use it one the street too, again look for a car that already has most of what you'll need.

Let someone else pay to build the car.

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Dude, From what I've heard about you last weekend, Don't worry about a race car untill you take driving lessons first :nuts:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I don't know if you have had any track time, but I would suggest you run your C5 at a few track days or hit some auto cross solo events, not as exciting as the track with other car but will Gage your driving with other drivers. I am planing out going back to Spring Mountain for a 3 day course and burn up there tires...Of course even if you buy another Vette and find you don't like it theres nothing bad about having two vettes...:laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
You can find some really cheap salvage titled cars. Don't look at crashed ones, but theft recovered or maybe a flood car. Your going to gut it any way. The car isn't really the big part. It's the tires, brakes and everything eles that wears. I wouldn't go older than a C5.

Jr.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Damn ...No respect for WIT911

where's the love...boo boo be doo. :surprised

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Damn ...No respect for WIT911

where's the love...boo boo be doo. :surprised
Dude, Kyle is like a brother to me. I have a **** load of respect for him :thumbsup:

I just have to throw his ass under the bus every now and then to keep him on his toes :laughing:

·
Registered
759 Posts
No Bassist you misunderstood.

I have no respect for him! :rolling: :rolling: J/K

p.s i'm a bassist too :partyon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts