Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researchers at USC have taken another step towards that holiest of sci-fi dreams: the 3D holographic display. Using a spinning mirror covered with a "holographic diffuser," a special DVI implementation, and a high-speed projector, the team's device can project a three-dimensional image that can be viewed from 360 degrees -- regardless of the viewer's height and distance. That's impressive, but that spinning mirror looks pretty dangerous. Check a video of the system in action after the break.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the size of the projection unit, itself... that make it so cool. It's only going to get smaller and more detailed in it's projection. Everything from medical to phones to cars... building schematics... military... will be capable of reproducing a 3D and even a 4D imagine that can be manipulated... inside and out.

Very exciting.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
NASA had a functional prototype in the early 90s, they projected the space shuttle in the 3D as an example :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Future video games? Wow.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Glad I did not waste my money on a 3D TV I'm holding out for the 4D. So they better get to working on it...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Samsung makes a 4D... if only in the color spectrum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts