Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why didn't the pic's work. I erased them because they only came out with an X in a frame. I used the same method as I use on another forum.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent the week at 2ndGenerationRestoration. I made some progress. Stan (owner) is allowing me to do all I can to help fend off the cost of the restoration. I can't thank him enough. Here's some before and after pictures. I need 2 more days to finish prepping the body for removal. I striped the car with Aircraft stripper. All the paint came off nicely. The primer was another story. I had to DA the primer off. The stripper would not remove it? Anyway Stan assisted and I made progress with the DA. I have read a lot about paint removal from corvettes. Some say never use a DA and others say if you have the right touch it's a great way to remove the paint. The whole job was not near as messy as some lead to believe. So if you are on the fence with this type of job, I say go for it. It does take time but taking your time will yield good results.

Thanks ZZ

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
looks like good progress. From looking at 2ndGenerationRestoration's website, it looks like you're in REALLY good hands :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I have huge respect for anyone that takes on a project like that. Any updates on your progress?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have huge respect for anyone that takes on a project like that. Any updates on your progress?
Project stalled for a while due to a tornado that went through my property on June 1st. I have been clearing over 50 large trees that either up-rooted or snapped off mid way. Along with house repairs there doesn't seem to be enough time to do what I'd like to be doing. I should be able to get back to it in a month or so. I will post updates as I get started again. I am still keeping a target of next June for completion. We'll see if I can stick to that time frame.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
sorry to hear that mother nature stuck a wrench in the plans. Hope no one was hurt in the ordeal and insurance covers it.

A one year restoration is pretty quick! Keep us posted as you progress :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to hear that mother nature stuck a wrench in the plans. Hope no one was hurt in the ordeal and insurance covers it.

A one year restoration is pretty quick! Keep us posted as you progress :thumbsup:
I have been working on this for a year now. A lot of the little pieces are restored. I am about to start the seats. I think a year may be doable if I stay focused and have the money. I have to keep my on the finish line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts