Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Restoration Spreadsheet Version 1.2

A few years ago, I wrote a little excel spreadsheet that allowed me to keep track of a restoration project that I was working on. I think that it is pretty cool, and was well received when I started giving it out. With that said, I had kind of forgotten about it. Well long story short, would something similar to this be useful to any of you track guys for a newer car? What modifications would you like to see done to this to make it useful in this application.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the newest edition of my Restoration Spreadsheet. Available free to you all. I hope that this helps to get a few more of our old beauties on the road.

Version 1.1 Additions and changes.

-Locked the cells that you shouldn't be changing. They are not password protected so anyone who wants to change stuff can simply unlock them and you are good to go.

-Added a Vendor page.

-Added a lookup from the Vendor page on the Overview page.

-Added expenditure graph to the Overview page.

Version 1.2 Additions and Changes

- Added Shipment page.

- Fixed a minor error in spreadsheet lock.

Version 1.2a Bug repair.
- Fixed missing variable in totalizer for overview page. If you do not wish to download this spreadsheet. Simply unlock the overview page. then input in cell E2 =SUM(B8:B21)

The FTP file link is here:
Restoration Spreadsheet

It has been great working on this project for you all. I hope this helps! Also, feel free to post additions and changes that you would like here. I will continue to update this as interest dictates.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
if you need it hosted, just say so ;) i can toss it up on my servers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is one important area I track that I did not see. That is shipping. Ordering a lot of parts for restoration has some serious shipping associated so I like to keep track of that. You might want to consider adding that for other folks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for all your hard work and sharing!
Your timing couldn't have been better, as I'm starting my 'project register'.
I'll register all, but I'm still keeping my receipts for insurance purposes...FYI.
:cheers:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping your receipts is a very good idea. But be careful, a lot of places have switched to that heat paper. It just does not hold up over time. I would scan them. And back them up on an external HDD.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any chance of a sticky for this one mods? I think new members will find it very useful..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found a minor bug in one of my formulas. It is fixed in the current download file. You can either upgrade to that one. Or just fix the formula yourself. Instructions are on the first post. under 1.2a

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you ElCid79. I have been using your original and it lets me see a clear picture of where I am and how far I have to go. I just downloaded your latest version and wanted to let you know you do have more followers that appreciate your work to help other you don't know.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I hope the new one suits you better. I am glad to help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
spreadsheet

downloaded your spreadsheet and loved it so much i tried to donate but paypal links is broke:huh:

Soooo how bout these
:partyon:
:thumbsup:
:D
:excited:

J

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks I just downloaded it for a friend, starting a project. will pass along paypal info...Looks good from quick glance...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've a question for you.
When I open the spreadsheet, a window prompts me to enable or disable the macros, also warning that they may contain viruses.
Can you give me some input on this, and how can I disable this window from future appearances?
I'm a newbie in excel-land.
I'm running V1.2a
Thanx- :cheers:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts