2,916 Posts
Originally posted by REDGAR ...<br>
Well, I am dying here?<br>

:agree:

matt383

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
This is my last year of drag racing. My car needs a 3:73 gear, which I can't afford.

And, it might be mental distraction, but I seem to have lost my timing for the tree, and my reaction times either suck, or I red light. Old age I suppose.

And, I had a beautiful relationship with my black LT4 car, had it in the 12.7's - 12.9's all the time and the car was STOCK.

This blue LT4 car, although it feels strong as hell, just can't put down the numbers.

Anyway, I've been drag racing for 18 years. Time to move on to racing around curves.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to see you retiring but I am sure you know road course driving is much more expensive. $150 or so per day usually 2 day weekends. Burn through rotors and pads faster than soft drinks. You will burn much more fuel running 3 20 minute sessions on each day than making 6 or 7 passes.

So I wish you well my friend in the road course, much more fun, but at a greater cost and risk ( I ran my car off the course about about 90 MPH with a brake problem).

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Patrick,
You're in a slump.
Don't worry. Just need more seat time.
How many runs did you get in this year???
Not many I'll bet. That's why you were a little rusty.
Next year we'll go early up to great lakes Dragaway.
Get there on a Wed/Fri night about 5:00 PM.
You'll get 9-11 runs in by 6:30!!!
That's what you need, a little focus.
How many times have you seen a braket event won by a 15 second car?? More times than I can count. Less stuff to go wrong I guess. Anyway, faster is not always better for Brackets.
Save your money on a 3:73 if you want.
Yeah, I know you're thinking, "this from a guy who can run 10's if he wants to?". Regar is right. autocrossing will piss through $$$
At least Drag racing is easier on a car for clean up when you want to show it. Try spinning throuh a corn field and rub THAT out of your paint job!! Anyway, hang in there.
Matt383

1 - 6 of 6 Posts