Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:
When properly used and maintained, how many thousand of miles can the Z06engine be trouble free before it should need engine repairs like rings' replacements, etc.?
I always understood that high end engines do have a short life time due to their own nature. But, with today's technology, does this notion still applies? In the case of the Z06, does any one know how many thousands of miles this engine can last before showing indications of wearing out?
I am putting all my savings into this car, so when I buy it, I want it to last for a good number of years and repair free as possible.
Thanks in advance for your expert answers.
George

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
rgbalzaretti said:
Hi guys:
When properly used and maintained, how many thousand of miles can the Z06engine be trouble free before it should need engine repairs like rings' replacements, etc.?
I always understood that high end engines do have a short life time due to their own nature. But, with today's technology, does this notion still applies? In the case of the Z06, does any one know how many thousands of miles this engine can last before showing indications of wearing out?
I am putting all my savings into this car, so when I buy it, I want it to last for a good number of years and repair free as possible.
Thanks in advance for your expert answers.
George
It'd think a C6 Z06 that is treated nicely could last 200k miles. Start subtracting the more you abuse it. If you are hard on a car, eventually it will start showing it, sooner than later.

But, the car is built to take it.

When do you plan to pick one up? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick said:
It'd think a C6 Z06 that is treated nicely could last 200k miles. Start subtracting the more you abuse it. If you are hard on a car, eventually it will start showing it, sooner than later.

But, the car is built to take it.

When do you plan to pick one up? :D
Hi Patrick:
Thank you so much for your reply. Most informative!
Soon, within the next 2 to 3 months. I can't wait to get it...!
George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts