Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another sad "why even bother" story....

so i pull up to a red light on my way home from dingo's house.( hes my favorite chinese hippo...i was doing a column swap on his '77 vette for him. )

a second later, a silver with red wheels and a GIANT "greddy" sticker across the hood and passenger fender mitsubishi GTS pulls up on my left...and after hearing my vette's rumpity rump idle for a bit, he CRANKS his stereo to "11" in an effort to drown out the motor.

i obligingly give him a 1st-2nd brakestand to 2800rpm, then let off and return to idle, at which point he puts his passenger window up in an effort to escape the smoke.

i figure, ok, he got the point. so no big deal...then the light turns green and he revs it to dremmel level and steps off his clutch--i think 'whoops-he got the jump'...

oh well. slow roll to the floor, and at 5800rpm when i bang second i am already on his back tire. by the time i pull 3rd, im 5-6 lengths in front and i am walking HARD....

i run it to maybe 4000rpm in 3rd then let off. as i slow down from 75+mph to around 45mph, he buzzes past me so close i thought he was going to take off my side mirror--and then he cuts into my lane and puts on his flashers.

really? what an idiot....so as we pull up to another light, i make the two palms up "what the hell?" motion, and he points to himself with 1 hand and holds up the "number 1" sign with the other.

i motion ahead and mouth "again". he bobs his head affirmitive, and starts revving it up. but this time im ready...

light goes green, and i launch at only 1800 ( gots to avoid wheelspin if possible--thats going nowhere fast! ) and run it to 4500 in first, 4000 in second, and 3000 in 3rd all the while slowly rolling OFF the throttle since i never even saw or heard him from the second we left the line.

at the next light he pulled up behind me instead of next to me......

guess some people gotta learn the hard way. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You should see how much fun I have doing that in my rust bucket El Camino. The best part is when I jump out of the car at the next light, break off a piece of rust and offer it to the loser. The I proclaim that the next time, I'll be just a little bit faster! :devil:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should see how much fun I have doing that in my rust bucket El Camino. The best part is when I jump out of the car at the next light, break off a piece of rust and offer it to the loser. The I proclaim that the next time, I'll be just a little bit faster! :devil:
hah hah, thats awesome...you know, i once built a 427 punched out to 440 for a friends 68 elcamino--and it was a 4 speed car.

10:1 pistons, a gnarly 294/.598/110 cam, ported oval heads, and a 4:10 gear. the first time he sidestepped the clutch with the new motor at 3500rpm, it wheel hopped so bad it broke the left side rear shock and the drivers side rear coil fell out !

thats just ONE of the reasons i only run automatics now in my own cars.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Yea, this is a 11:1, 500Hp monster with a 383 stroker, 350 turbo tranny and a 373 Moser rear end. Get's about 8 miles to the gallon but I swear, it's more fun to drive than suckin' the tits on a 18-year old virgin. :D

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Gotta love the ricer fly by. I never understood how blowing by me after I've stopped "racing" translates into a win for them. Lol.

I was shocked last night, some guy that was in a hopped up rx8 was driving a bit crazy in front of me, but when we were side by side at a light, he slowed rolled it off the line.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
I love it!!

I've experienced the same **** with ricers, when they fly by after I've clearly crushed them. Somehow they think they've won. Seriously? :WTF

In any case, way to school that punk. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, this is a 11:1, 500Hp monster with a 383 stroker, 350 turbo tranny and a 373 Moser rear end....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VOBfubGrBA
im going to guess somewhere around 280-.505-108 on your cam....how close am i ? sounds very similar to my 461 big block with the 292-.595-108, so im guessing just a bit smaller for the engine size difference. of course if youre a sneaky bugger like me i could be way off....:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
im going to guess somewhere around 280-.505-108 on your cam....how close am i ? sounds very similar to my 461 big block with the 292-.595-108, so im guessing just a bit smaller for the engine size difference. of course if youre a sneaky bugger like me i could be way off....:D
I know nothing about the internals of that engine. It was built for me by a place that builds dragsters and sprint/race cars. The only things that I know is what I quoted earlier from the engine builder and the fact that everyone almost shits a brick when the builder tells them what type of rods are in that engine. I never could remember what the cam information was so I asked the builder where would that cam land on a scale of 1 - 100 with 100 being the wildest cam you could buy.

He said 75. I at least remembered that much! :surprised :laughing:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never could remember what the cam information was so I asked the builder where would that cam land on a scale of 1 - 100 with 100 being the wildest cam you could buy.

He said 75. I at least remembered that much! :surprised :laughing:

hmmm, 75 out of a hundred--does that make it the elusive "3/4 race" cam? hah hah...sounds gnarly. bet she hauls the mail. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is 6' tall!
mmm-hmmm. im sure "she" is....just fess up, thats you as your alter-ego "madam chiffon", isnt it...

its ok, i dress up like shu-shu fontana sometimes myself....ok maybe not. but my point is, we dont judge here. its all good.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If we catch you dressing up like that around here, we're bannin' ya'! :devil:
ah, just as well--i charge by the pound anyway, brother. ever heard of chippenwhales? its just like the male strip revue chippendales. exactly like that. only FATTER.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what? i was serious...that was the legal registered name of my former tow business. even the phone number AND email still works....

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
If I had seen that, I would have thought that your company was full of a bunch of cute guys who only towed cars for fat girls! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I had seen that, I would have thought that your company was full of a bunch of cute guys who only towed cars for fat girls! :laughing:
instead it was a fat guy wearing a thong towing cars for average women...and i still have the thong. is good? you like ? :rolling:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts