Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rice worth of respect.

The car on the left is my brother-in-laws car.

He bought a turbo from somewhere, bolted it on, made some tweaks, and he's wasting Camaro's. He's not a ricer, just a great guy with 3 kids and a Vette probably isn't practical.

Honestly, it makes me laugh my ass off. He spanked a Mustang Cobra conv't at the drag strip, and some other american iron.

AND, the elevation for this track is up there, it's Utah, which is way above sea level. There were FEW cars that night even getting into the 13's.... so that 14.0x would be much faster in good air and at sea level.

:cheers:

Oh... it's black, it has 4 doors, and it's a Nissan Sentra.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well maybe. Most of these ricers that can beat Vettes have been Suped up so much. Their owners Toss piles and Piles of money into them. I just think in the End its not worth it. Wow your Civic can beat my Vette. But in the End your Civic is still a Civic and My Vette still owns your ass. Whatever Floats your boat. IMHO.
:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You gotta love a guy who makes the most of what he has.
:cheers: to your brother-in-law and tell him not to race me.
I'd hate to get beat by a Sentra with two kids in the back.:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Look... You can put a V8 on a moped. You can probably get DAMN good times at the track. But... just like ricers.... You look like an ass when racing it!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i quess,that even at sea-level,it's no faster than 13.5,go race him,you'll kill him with those drag-radials on your car.just today i was riding behind Hawaiian Punch and he raced a mid-90s nissian ZX with a turbo.they went from 50mph,Punch just kept pullin on the guy,and they quit at about 100mph.i stayed back at 50 just to see what it would look like.if the middle lane was open we would have had a 3-way race.
but if thats what your brother-in-law likes,i don't really make to much of the "ricer" thing,but most look pretty silly:smokin:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
damn,i missed it what ever your talking about.:smokin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
basecorvette said:
I thought it was funny ****, but I know some other's did not agree with me..:thumbsup:
I agree also as I have posted the same pic before on another forum but others didnt like it. Its humor and thats what I see it for and take it with a grain of salt...

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Destro said:
They are the new sensation...:D :D :D
Hemorrhoids are a sensation too, a big pain in the ass and I sure don't want to watch them

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few additional tid-bits I would like to add. I'm definately NOT a ricer. I'm as Wonder Bread as they come. The car was bought as a cheap commute car 3 years ago. It has 2 doors.

Reply to Loggins1:

My car is not Suped up very much. I have put very little money into it. The entire ghetto turbo system cost a mere $1400.00. The clutch, Underdrive pulleys and cone filter rang in at another 550.00 bucks. So for less than $2000.00 in performance upgrades, 3 grand for the car 3 years ago, 27 mpg driving it hard, $16.80 month to have liability insurance on it, it's a damn cheap pseudo sports car. On a road coarse a Vette would gobble the car up. It needs bigger brakes ($550.00), better suspension and wheels/tires ($1800.00) and the car will run with just about anything you throw at it. There is no need to get in a pissing match about your car versus mine, believe me. I would much rather own a vette or a 911 Turbo Carrera but I can't afford that kind of ride. Sometimes you do the best you can with what you've got.

FYI- The car is running an extremely small turbo (Garrett T25), a mere 7 lbs of boost, restrictive exhaust system, full interioir (no gutted rice boy interioir here).

Reply to raidmagic: Thanks for the compliment. You rock!

Reply to unclephilly: You might think I look like an ass when driving my "Rice Ride" but those big V-8 driving fools that I spank don't say anything when there ass gets handed to them by a beat up 91 Sentra SE-R. All they usually say is "What the hell is in that thing?"

:)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
quick_se-r said:
A few additional tid-bits I would like to add. I'm definately NOT a ricer. I'm as Wonder Bread as they come. The car was bought as a cheap compute car 3 years ago. It has 2 doors.

Reply to Loggins1:

My car is not Suped up very much. I have put very little money into it. The entire ghetto turbo system cost a mere $1400.00. The clutch, Underdrive pulleys and cone filter rang in at another 550.00 bucks. So for less than $2000.00 in performance upgrades, 3 grand for the car 3 years ago, 27 mpg driving it hard, $16.80 month to have liability insurance on it, it's a damn cheap pseudo sports car. On a road coarse a Vette would gobble the car up. It needs bigger brakes ($550.00), better suspension and wheels/tires ($1800.00) and the car will run with just about anything you throw at it. There is no need to get in a pissing match about your car versus mine, believe me. I would much rather own a vette or a 911 Turbo Carrera but I can't afford that kind of ride. Sometimes you do the best you can with what you've got.

FYI- The car is running an extremely small turbo (Garrett T25), a mere 7 lbs of boost, restrictive exhaust system, full interioir (no gutted rice boy interioir here).

Reply to unclephilly: You might think I look like an ass when driving my "Rice Ride" but those big V-8 driving fools that I spank don't say anything when there ass gets handed to them by a beat up 91 Sentra SE-R. All they usually say is "What the hell is in that thing?"

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

In the end was it really worth it? I mean yes it is fast but man its still a sentra. All that cash that you spent you could have bought a nice C3 Vette. But whatever Floats your boat.

BTW Who are you calling "Big V-8 driving fools" You do realize this is a Corvette site right. Your Sentra will always be a sentra.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quick_se-r said:
Reply to unclephilly: You might think I look like an ass when driving my "Rice Ride" but those big V-8 driving fools that I spank don't say anything when there ass gets handed to them by a beat up 91 Sentra SE-R. All they usually say is "What the hell is in that thing?" :)
:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey quick. If you enjoy it, DO IT!!:thumbsup:
You don't have to have a Corvette to have fun,
But it does help!!!:cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
quick_se-r said:
A few additional tid-bits I would like to add. I'm definately NOT a ricer. I'm as Wonder Bread as they come. The car was bought as a cheap commute car 3 years ago. It has 2 doors.

Reply to Loggins1:

You tell em' bro!! I'm glad you jumped in with a reply, cause I was about to start doin' some verbal ass-kicking on your behalf. :nuts:

I was actually surprised by my strong, natural inclination to defend you. (as well as your goofy, little zippy car)

YOU DA' MAN!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts