Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was tooling around Northern New Jersey and I find myself at one of those red lights that gaze out upon a long stretch of 1950s-style strip malls and car dealerships. You know: the kinda place where lighted signs and the sagging lines of telephone poles punctuate the straightaway for miles.

I'm sitting at the red light and it turns green. I glance in my rear view mirror. Something's going on. All of a sudden, a Nissan something or other with one of those oversized stinger tail pipes glides up to me on the right... passing me on the asphalt shoulder.

The ricer has plenty of primer on his body. He's downshifted and his RPMs are up. His engine is screaming as he passes me on the shoulder. I take the LS2 to about 2000 RPM and slip the clutch. My front suspension unloads a bit and I'm off like a missile. Thoughtfully, the stereo in my C6 raises the music volume to match the increase in cabin sound.

So the ricer glided past me just as the light turned green. But it was not to be.

He gets about one car length in front of me before I shoot past him. His engine is still screaming; he's upshifting late. And then... he just fades away. So as to put an unmistakable accent on my maneuver, I catch rubber shifting into second gear. I look again in my rear view mirror, and he's falling backwards off the proverbial cliff.

A few miles down the road, I mingle in traffic to let him catch up. He pulls up, but he never gets within a few car lengths of my rear bumper. No matter how much I slow down, he consciously goes out of his way to stay behind me. He wasn't going to give it a second try. And he shouldn't have attempted in the first place!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
So you drive a 400+hp Corvette and you're proud to have killed a ricer with fartcan exhaust?:laughing:

·
Registered
912 Posts
So you drive a 400+hp Corvette and you're proud to have killed a ricer with fartcan exhaust?:laughing:
Like the man said Freaky, you make a good point. The thing is, there’s just something satisfying about whipping a fart-can equipped ricer into submission, even though you know you can take him before it even begins…
:partyon:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
:partyon:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
While the kill portion of that event may have been easy, it is the pride in knowing that some ricer has to finish the day knowing he got bitchslapped, that is the real reward.:cheers:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I'll race imports now only when there is one of three things involved....either they're acting stupid showing off ,they stage beside me at the track,or they have a chick-a-boo (girl) in the car with them.....which isn't very often...otherwise, rice kills is a waste of dino-bones, but if you're having fun, I'm all:thumbsup: for you.

BTW....don't let me fool you...I'd race road kill if I thought it revved at me...:smack

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey, if Rice asked for it, who's to say we shouldn't oblige and send them home with their tail tightly tucked between their legs. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hey, if Rice asked for it, who's to say we shouldn't oblige and send them home with their tail tightly tucked between their legs. :laughing:
Perfectly said, but there are limits I'm not going to race something that is just a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'll race imports now only when there is one of three things involved....either they're acting stupid showing off ,they stage beside me at the track,or they have a chick-a-boo (girl) in the car with them.....which isn't very often...otherwise, rice kills is a waste of dino-bones, but if you're having fun, I'm all:thumbsup: for you.

BTW....don't let me fool you...I'd race road kill if I thought it revved at me...:smack
nothing better than killing a guy with his girl in the passenger seat

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
While the kill portion of that event may have been easy, it is the pride in knowing that some ricer has to finish the day knowing he got bitchslapped, that is the real reward.:cheers:
Karma is a real bitch.

I never thought when I made this quote that I would be driving my wife's Integra around (save some $ on gas mileage and total mileage on my truck). Now I get every ricer in my area revving at me and it is near impossible to hold back.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sweet!!:cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ricers can be scary sometimes, like last month i was at a drag race and the normal P.O.S ricers were running 16s-19s, then a sweet trans-am pulled up next to a junky looking(and sounding other than the turbo!) hatch-back civic.I thought, game over for the civic!. Well I was wrong! That civic ran a 12 flat and beat the T/A! Now I now A T/A is not a vette but still 12 flat? thats kinda scary!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Agreed! I'm so sick of these little Hondas/Toyotas, etc. with the fart cans thinking that they're fast! Sure they're fast compared to mopeds and such, but just because you're loud and lowered doesn't mean your Honda is fast. Get in....I'll show you fast! :thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Rice Police issue these:

:laughing:

I've raced some fast imports before, but for the most part they're all show and sound and no go, save a few.It is truely a sad world, though, when this gen of teenaged and early 20's girls look up to guys in those silly little noise makers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Back before we got the Corvette, a fart can Honda Accord pulls up next to my wife at a red light. She was driving her '95 Z28 with an LT1. The kid in the Honda is in the left lane and looks over to the right lane and sees this middle aged woman with streaks of gray hair and figures he can take her. He starts gunning his engine, making that loud kazoo sound. Little does he know that my wife is a Bondurant graduate and is not afraid to use the HP that she's got.

My wife proceeds to blow off the Honda who apparently wanted to make a right turn at the next intersection and figured he could cut her off to do it. The guy WAS able to make his turn unimpeded since by the time he got to his intersection my wife was long gone! :laughing:

My wife still talks about this event even though it happened years ago. Since then she's taken the Level 1 Corvette driving class at Spring Mountain.
Ricers beware.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
LOL.. "fartcan exhaust" funniest thing i've heard all week

Ricers are a joke... I raced some in a 6,000lb Navigator years ago... smoked em. Pulled up to a big truck and got bitch slapped. Brake torqued to 2500 just before the green light, released and floored it. Bye bye Ricer!!! Man, were they pissed. It was funny. But maybe the Navigator had something to it...I smoked my friend's '78 Silver Anniversary Corvette. We only raced to see if the truck could keep up. To this day he would never admit defeat. Granted, the '78 was kind of a beater, but still....

As much fun as it would be, no ricer will even try me with the new Vette.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts