Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent sunday up in connecticut at a corvette show on the Moroso Performance parts lot. There must have been a few hundred vettes from all years. Some very nice rides and some of the tackiest things i have ever seen. 24 kt gold plated engines with purple interiors to some very nice 68 pure corvettes and everything in between. I met Rick here on DC when he answered a post about aftermarket wheels that have been giving me all kinds of trouble. Rick invited me to come up to his shop while the show was going on and with his boy Paul Minore spent about 2 1/2 hours working on my car while hundreds of people were wondering in and out of his garage. Boy, the fact that the owner of a well know parts manufacturing and racing shop invited me in like i was a friend made me feel great. and as a bonus with the help of all Ricks hunter equipment, they did finally get those wheels to balance out. Rick and Paul my hats off to you guys. Thanks again for your hospitality. If you ever find yourselves in north jersey look me up, my door is open to you.
your new friend ,
tom karach

:cheers:
i know it ain't a great picture but i only had my cell phone. that's my car on the jack next to ricks machine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,636 Posts
That's a great story. Rick sounds like a great guy to hang with!

:cheers: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
I was at the show...Wish i met you....I agree about the purple & white Vette being a tad tacky...I mean the engine was all golt & chrome but I didnt care for it at all!:down: I will say the car was clean & alot of work went into it for sure but definetly not my cup of tea!:toilet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I was at the show...Wish i met you....I agree about the purple & white Vette being a tad tacky...I mean the engine was all golt & chrome but I didnt care for it at all!:down: I will say the car was clean & alot of work went into it for sure but definetly not my cup of tea!:toilet
did you take a walk back by ricks garage? i was hanging back there . i had the black 03 vert parked outside the door next to ricks brownish color race car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
njvettetom1 said:
did you take a walk back by ricks garage? i was hanging back there . i had the black 03 vert parked outside the door next to ricks brownish color race car.
I went into the garag as it was nice & cool inside...He had the ac on with the doors open!:excited: I didnt see your car though...I did see his race car...I likes the frame off big block inside alot!:partyon: I just stopped by the show...I parked the fake sport in the Vette corrall & took a quick walk around the place...I wanted to go watch the race & have a few cold ones so I was only there for a hour at most!:drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree that big block is very sweet. rick rebuilt that himself. he's going to have one crazy street legal 600+hp daily driver when he's done. i was hanging right there until about 1:30 then i had to head home to the wife and kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
njvettetom1 said:
i agree that big block is very sweet. rick rebuilt that himself. he's going to have one crazy street legal 600+hp daily driver when he's done. i was hanging right there until about 1:30 then i had to head home to the wife and kids.
I got ther at about 1:30....as in a bar watching the race by 3:00!:drink: GO DALE JR!:devil:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top