Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you know ‘F1 2002’ from EA Sports? On the first glance it’s a PC F1 sim like many others: Good looking graphics and not very inspiring because of the sterile behaviour of the modern F1 cars.

BUT…
There are so called Mods available, you can download these Mods for free for example at http://www.bhmotorsports.com , you just need to have F1 2002 fully installed. You can get f.e. GTR 2002 where you can replay the 2002 GT2 / GT3 series. The physics of the cars (Viper, Maranello, Modena, Porsches, Marcos, Lambos etc.) are modelled incredible accurate, each car has the correct behaviour and after some practice and tuning the setup you can really feel how these cars handle differently on the track! In addition you get a good impression of the famous european racetracks (Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Monza, Imola, SPA, Brands Hatch, Donington, Monte Carlo and so on).

They even published a LeMans Mod where you can test and race a C5R, or you choose a Porsche and Ron Fellows will pass you at the Hunaudieres for sure! (The 2003 C5R in LeMans Blue is also available).

In addition you can use a comprehensive telemetry tool to analyze your laps and you can post your hotlaps in a world league. Or you join an online leage and race online against human competitors.

I started simracing some years ago, when the famous ‘Grand Prix Legends’ appeared and I’m watching the simracing scene until now. For me these F1 2002 Mods are unmatched in realism and feeling, these Mods aren’t games they are tough and ultra realistic simulations. It’s not easy and takes lots of practice to make fast laptimes but hence you got it, you’ll love it. Provided you’ve got a fast graphics card and a good steering wheel you should check it out!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Gforce4. But it should run acceptable from Gforce2 upwards. I think in any case you need a card which is supporting DirectX 8.0 or better.

·
Registered
285 Posts
urbman said:
I have a Gforce4. But it should run acceptable from Gforce2 upwards. I think in any case you need a card which is supporting DirectX 8.0 or better.
Sounds great. Any steering wheel/pedal system you recommend?

TIA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts