Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today and measured ride height at the point specified by my factory assembly manual. Front measured 28 9/16" and rear measured 29 1/4". Manual specifies 27.75" on front and 27.90" on rear (this is curb measurments). My suspension is 98% new (lower CA bushings aren't new), and front springs are Moog std. replacements and rear is Corvette America std. spring with O.E. length spring bolts. My car is a coupe by the way and the front springs has been on for nearly 5 years and rear spring has been on for nearly 3 years. So my question is does anyone have this problem as well with replacement parts? Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Your choice of tires will affect what the ride height is. The factory tires were 27" OD.

My front is sitting at 27.38", but I have 235/60/15s, which are about 26.1" tall.

I have also had the experience of add new front springs to drop the car, only to find the height increased after the job was done.

On the rear, it is pretty common that a new spring raises the car. Seems that the arc of the spring is wrong.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured tire size might account for some. My front tires are 255/60/R15 and rears are 275/60/R15. I read on here about the arc being incorrect and unfortunately my O.E. spring was tossed when I put on the new one. my garaged was getting cluttered by all the O.E. parts that I saved so I tossed what I didn't need and now I wish I had it back. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just measured the tires and the front is 25 5/8" and rear is 26 3/8".

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll check the air and remeasure. I keep the tires around 35 to 40 psi. They're Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I'll check the air and remeasure. I keep the tires around 35 to 40 psi. They're Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's.
Differen't tire manufacturers have different dimensions for the same size tires. Same with your aftermarket springs and suspension parts. If the car drives straight and your happy with the ride, who cares if it sits a bit higher? If you want to lower it back down, put in longer rear spring bolts and shorten the front spring. :thumbsup:

One thing that ALL C3's have in common is that none are the same. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about lowering it but since I can crawl under it to do an oil change without having to jack it up I'm going to leave it where it is. It rides good with little to none on harshness and once it goes to paint and body and I fix all the leaks and noises I'll be very happy. I don't drive it over 120 mph so it sitting a little higher won't affect me. It's good to be different:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts