Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
yeah, that's great. doing stupid **** like that on a public street with cars around is f-in stupid.

The nickle back is great. It's perfect. In case we didn't know if those guys were morons they leave no dobut with the music selection. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you notice that if everyone they were passing simply exercised slower traffic keep right, they wouldn't have had to leave the fast lane. PC says yeah they were idiots a few times but I tend to use all the lanes myself.

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
I agree that slower traffic keep right didn't work here, and have passed on the right more times than I can count, but cutting people off and nearly running people out of the lanes they are in is ridiculous...

·
Registered
181 Posts
The best part about this video is how it demonstrates how god awful people drive. For the most part, the guys in the Vettes drove cleanly. What this vid shows is how people creep along in the fast lane with no concept of the rules of the road. If someone rides your bumper and you're in the fast lane, thats the universal signal to "Move over, I am clearly traveling faster than you are and you are holding me up". Instead of moving over (as every single driver in europe does ), they instead get angry that someone is riding their bumper and slow down, often to prevent the person behind them from passing. Drivers licenses should be a privilege, not a right. 90% of the people on the road in should have their licenses revoked on the fast lane principle. If you drive in the fast lane and dont move over when someone is coming up behind you, you're a jackhole that's either got a chip on your shoulder, or you're an incompetent driver. Neither should be behind the wheel.

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
First, there was WAY to much traffic on that road for that kind of ****, and two, because of that traffic, it is why Corvette drivers get a bad rep.:down:

JMHO

·
Registered
286 Posts
barkow said:
The best part about this video is how it demonstrates how god awful people drive. For the most part, the guys in the Vettes drove cleanly. What this vid shows is how people creep along in the fast lane with no concept of the rules of the road. If someone rides your bumper and you're in the fast lane, thats the universal signal to "Move over, I am clearly traveling faster than you are and you are holding me up". Instead of moving over (as every single driver in europe does ), they instead get angry that someone is riding their bumper and slow down, often to prevent the person behind them from passing. Drivers licenses should be a privilege, not a right. 90% of the people on the road in should have their licenses revoked on the fast lane principle. If you drive in the fast lane and dont move over when someone is coming up behind you, you're a jackhole that's either got a chip on your shoulder, or you're an incompetent driver. Neither should be behind the wheel.
:agree:
I was expecting to see something far worse by the posts I read prior to viewing the video? I would hate to see how some would react to the driving of many in So CA. Thanks to six lane highways I can usually manage to get around the blinker-on, cell phone conversing, SUV driving, soccer mom, yuppie bitch!

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
luvmyc6 said:
I was expecting to see something far worse by the posts I read prior to viewing the video? I would hate to see how some would react to the driving of many in So CA. Thanks to six lane highways I can usually manage to get around the blinker-on, cell phone conversing, SUV driving, soccer mom, yuppie bitch!
Yeah, but that is California! :lookinup: :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Idjitts!

·
Registered
287 Posts
barkow said:

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
I know exactly where those guys were driving. They were on the Northern State Pkwy heading west. Putting aside the traffic, that Pkwy has some smooth and twisty roads. As far as the slow drivers in the fast lane, I always seem to run into those morons!! They should just move out of the way!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
cnote said:
As far as the slow drivers in the fast lane, I always seem to run into those morons!!
if you'd slow down you probably wouldn't run into them...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sorry, even though I'm a vette owner, these idiots need to realize the difference between an open road and a well-traveled highway.

I drive over 100 miles each day just for work in my daily business driver, non-vette. There is a big difference between cars yielding the passing lane vs. playing an unsuspecting role is some race-jockey's fast car video game. My wife and kids could be in the minivan he's passing in the right lane doing 105 mph.

There is a time and place for everything and I wouldn't give these idiots credit for great driving as most of the credit should go to the engineering of the Corvette. Unfortunately, it's not their own private autobahn and many of the non-vette cars and people simply don't have the reflex and power capabilities to adjust.

The earlier post about these idiots giving vette owners a bad name is right on! Save if for the track!

:down:

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
Punk Boy said:
if you'd slow down you probably wouldn't run into them...
Actullay, when I run into those morons I am driving slow. They just seem to drive even slower and where there not supposed to!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't like being stopped by people in the left-lane as much as the next guy, but there is a difference between driving behind someone for 5 miles while they pace the guy in the middle or right lane and having someone fly up on you at almost 2X the speed limit. One is obviously the person in the left lane's fault, but the other is dangerous behavior by immature morons. What if you are in the left lane passing a guy in the middle lane and someone comes up on your ass and flys around you at 110 while you are getting back into the middle lane? You can't predict that kind of stuff and even if you look over your shoulder they are moving so fast they could not be there when you look and in your lane as you move over. It's stupid and anyone saying it's cool or OK is just as stupid!! :down:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts