Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebel, a new member here at www.digitalcorvettes.com and is the webmaster of the NSW Corvettes Unlimited club in Sydney, Australia - and he has some fantastic pictures on his site... of all right hand drive Corvettes! Here are few teaser pics, you simply must check out the site! Top is a GS, bottom is an earlier C4 conv't.

http://www.ement.com/NSW_Corvettes/Index.htm



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
War machine said:
Kinda hard to tell from this photo but is that the gas pedal on the left side footwell?

If so, the whole right hand drive thing would take some getting used to. ;)
NO, the Accelerator, clutch, and brake pedals are int he same orientation as the LHD cars we have..

I Drove a car for 3 months in UK when I was there for work.. it was cool and didn't take long to get used to.
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
hey i don't think that is a GS i looks like it has the older style seats but it could be the distortion through the hatch
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Right hand drive 96 Grand Sport!!

Punk Boy said:
hey i don't think that is a GS i looks like it has the older style seats but it could be the distortion through the hatch
Older Vette - body updates....
96 Vette - older dash and seats....

Maybe we'll find out!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Right hand drive 96 Grand Sport!!

Patrick96LT4 said:
But remember, this car need a full dash and center console change....
Yah, but I bet the wiring harness just gets flopped.. even still to Mirror it would be easier then swapping to a different style dash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
War machine said:
Kinda hard to tell from this photo but is that the gas pedal on the left side footwell?

If so, the whole right hand drive thing would take some getting used to. ;)

John, they call that the "dead" pedal, it's where your left foot rests if you don't have a stick shift or when you don't have your foot on the clutch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr Mojo said:
John, they call that the "dead" pedal, it's where your left foot rests if you don't have a stick shift or when you don't have your foot on the clutch.
Is that what it is called?

Cool... I got one foot on the dead pedal, one foot on the gas... I got too much traffic, I can't pass....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Out of the 1000 GS' made... were any really made as RHD exports? How many were actually made for export?

For some reason, I just thought all GS' were made for the states.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Out of the 1000 GS' made... were any really made as RHD exports? How many were actually made for export?

For some reason, I just thought all GS' were made for the states.
GM never built any RHD Vettes..

As for export, there are some, I know at least one LHD GS ragtop built for export, it is at the museum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Hey Jeff, I think that export GS is back at home with the owner, somewhere in Mass.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top