1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The ring gapping is the final phase before Awesome 72's rebuild is completed.
I have the ememry-type wheels and will commence ring size filing tomorrow.
Then in goes the crank and everything else. I weighed the pistons and rods today and their is minuscule differentiation, so I'm going to pass on balancing and hope for the best. ! Keep the inputs and replies comin, I enjoy the
company.
Mark.
You wieghed the rods and pistons and compared them to what?? The stock setup???
I feel balancing is worth the cost. Doesn't take long and makes for a smoother running motor.

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
You wieghed the rods and pistons and compared them to what?? The stock setup???
I feel balancing is worth the cost. Doesn't take long and makes for a smoother running motor.
:agree:
I could not agree more with that. A balanced engine is not just for performance, it makes it a very smooth running enjoyable ride that you can feel in your hands and seat! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My blower motor sure shakes the car with it's brute power but I also have a 355 mustang and that thing is so smooth at 5000 or 6000 if it wasn't for the tac you wouldn't have a clue at to the rpm. Absolutely smooth at any rpm.
Spend the money

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
My blower motor sure shakes the car with it's brute power but I also have a 355 mustang and that thing is so smooth at 5000 or 6000 if it wasn't for the tac you wouldn't have a clue at to the rpm. Absolutely smooth at any rpm.
Spend the money
Yup, I balanced the coupe's 350 350hp back in the '80's when we put the four bolt truck block in. It is just now getting a little tired (I have pulled the heads to see), but you can take it to 6000 and it is absolutly smooth and shift to high and break the tires loose! Pure pleasure!:cheers:

The vert is box stock and I hate to take it above 4500 ..... :spanked:

Spend the money!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is that a ricer spoiler on that nice 72,in your avatar? I hope im just seeing things:surprised Please take no offence,but you have to take that off or some other type spoiler for that era car. Im sorry,it just looked out of place to me:(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is that a ricer spoiler on that nice 72,in your avatar? I hope im just seeing things:surprised Please take no offence,but you have to take that off or some other type spoiler for that era car. Im sorry,it just looked out of place to me:(
:rolling:

I thinks its just something in the back ground....

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
Nope ..... :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive had it painted the same color as the car and to be honest most people seem to like it..kinda gives it a cannonball run look..any way its totaly removable,and like they say one mans honey is another mans poison,..ive had this car all over europe and on the german autobahn..always gets the thumbs up with or without the spoiler.

·
Registered
754 Posts
ive had it painted the same color as the car and to be honest most people seem to like it..kinda gives it a cannonball run look..any way its totaly removable,and like they say one mans honey is another mans poison,..ive had this car all over europe and on the german autobahn..always gets the thumbs up with or without the spoiler.
OH NO :thud:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts