Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_eliza...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZWxpemFiZXRoZWR3

"She died at her North Carolina home surrounded by her three children, siblings, friends and her estranged husband, John, the family said.

"Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence but, she remains the heart of this family," the family said in a statement. "We love her and will never know anyone more inspiring or full of life. On behalf of Elizabeth we want to express our gratitude to the thousands of kindred spirits who moved and inspired her along the way. Your support and prayers touched our entire family."

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
RIP Elizabeth ... she deserved a lot better than that scumbag John gave her.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
RIP. She had a lot of class. Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
This one bothered me when I heard the news. What shitty last couple of years she has had.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
RIP... seems she was a non-smoker, and anti-smoking advocate.. ironic that another non-tobacco user dies from cancer..

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
May be my insensitive side & I feel for her family and friends but I don't see why this is news worthy. How is she not like thousands of others who succumb to cancer? We don't hear about them in the news. And how does her hubby's cheating factor in? Millions of other women deal with that too, some of them probably have cancer too.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
May be my insensitive side & I feel for her family and friends but I don't see why this is news worthy. How is she not like thousands of others who succumb to cancer? We don't hear about them in the news. And how does her hubby's cheating factor in? Millions of other women deal with that too, some of them probably have cancer too.
My thoughts exactly. :agree:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Following her 16 year old son Wade's death in 1996, Elizabeth and John decided to have more children, and she underwent fertility treatments.[7] Emma Claire was born when Elizabeth was 48, and Jack was born when she was 50. She was pregnant with Emma Claire during her husband's 1998 Senate race. After John's January 21, 2010 public admission that he fathered a child with another woman,....

Elizabeth legally separated from him, intending to file for divorce after North Carolina's mandatory one-year separation.

Her suriving children are 12 and 10 years old.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards.
This news hit close to home. My wife Elaina has fought breast cancer twice and she just passed her 5 year mark with the second diagnosis. This is news that no one likes to hear, lets hope for a cure.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
R.I.P.

I always see this, when it happens, as an example of how suddenly your life can go badly. I always try to remember to enjoy life since it can be so fleeting.

Make the most of it while you can.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Maybe because she was a public figure? I don't guess she's in the news because her husband cheated on her.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Maybe because she was a public figure? I don't guess she's in the news because her husband cheated on her.
Was she a public figure prior to his affairs? :rolleyes:

Not really. ;)

She's only famous because she was married to a cheating scumbag politician.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
RIP. My mom is a two time breast cancer survivor, she looked up to Elizabeth's as she went through chemo the second time.

RIP... seems she was a non-smoker, and anti-smoking advocate.. ironic that another non-tobacco user dies from cancer..
Are aware that things other than smoking causes cancer? Try explaining colon cancer to a non-smoker.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
They way I see it is like this. It's not so important how one dies, but rather how they lived.

Sure she was a public figure because of her relationship with her husband, but when it all was stacked against her she did the right thing and handled it with dignity. As I understand it, she didn't seek the limelight, it found her, and she didn't use it for personal gain. In a way she used it to show us how she dealt with the most adverse of challenges, and handled it well.

I feel bad for her children. They are gonna have a tough row for a while. I hope it turns out ok for them in the long run.

R. I. P. Elizabeth.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
They way I see it is like this. It's not so important how one dies, but rather how they lived.

Sure she was a public figure because of her relationship with her husband, but when it all was stacked against her she did the right thing and handled it with dignity. As I understand it, she didn't seek the limelight, it found her, and she didn't use it for personal gain. In a way she used it to show us how she dealt with the most adverse of challenges, and handled it well.

I feel bad for her children. They are gonna have a tough row for a while. I hope it turns out ok for them in the long run.

R. I. P. Elizabeth.
:agree: Well said!

RIP Elizabeth

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

R. I. P. Elizabeth.
Well said.

I don't understand the "Why is this news? comments. It's news because she is a public figure based not only on her public figure husband's infidelity, but also due to her public service work.

I understand that most of us know or have family members who have also died of cancer and are just as important as people who have lived their lives in the public eye. However that's no excuse to be negative.

We all know that her husband made some serious mistakes and has some character flaws that has ruined his political career. However with that said, as bad as he is, what does that say about the woman he was with? A woman who knew he was married and his wife had cancer. Sad!

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was she a public figure prior to his affairs? :rolleyes:

Not really. ;)

She's only famous because she was married to a cheating scumbag politician.
She was actually a more popular public socialite within their local circles before edwards was.
Just not National.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts