Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:surprised
Fair warning! Too many feel invincible in a big 4WD in the snow...sometimes even in normal driving conditions...

R.I.P. driver...

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Particularly if you have just found yourself in front of a commercial truck going 50 mph. :surprised
Not so much that....look at how everything fell right into place. The timing of the skid into the box truck, the position of the box truck that caused the deflection off in the other direction, the speed and timing of the approaching truck..... It was that drivers' time.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
:surprised That Nissan Navara exploded like it was built out of Legos!

Given it was hit head on by a semi, but still.

It can all go away so quickly. RIP to the driver.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Amature driver....and probably texting. The driver makes the ultimate wrong move...he drove out of the black tracks. Everyone knows that when you are driving in snowy conditions you stay in the tracks that everyone has been making. If you swerve through those tracks to change lanes, you better be ready for the slide and if you do slide you better play it very cool and ease out of it. This person goes into the heaviest stuff in the middle of the road where no one has been going and shouldn't, then overcorrects badly, which makes him hit the truck next to him, and then he seems to evercorrect again, or the reaction of the impact causes him to lose it and looses it into the semi.

Amazing how that POS Nissan blew apart.

Yes indeed RIP....rest in pieces.

After reviewing the play...the driver also failed by hitting the brakes as he got into the slush. This situation required an easing off of the gas while slowly turning the wheel ever so gingerly to the right, until traction is regained before finaly pulling over to the shoulder to clean your underwear.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Amature driver....and probably texting. The driver makes the ultimate wrong move...he drove out of the black tracks. Everyone knows that when you are driving in snowy conditions you stay in the tracks that everyone has been making. If you swerve through those tracks to change lanes, you better be ready for the slide and if you do slide you better play it very cool and ease out of it. This person goes into the heaviest stuff in the middle of the road where no one has been going and shouldn't, then overcorrects badly, which makes him hit the truck next to him, and then he seems to evercorrect again, or the reaction of the impact causes him to lose it and looses it into the semi.

Yes indeed RIP....rest in pieces.

After reviewing the play...the driver also failed by hitting the brakes as he got into the slush. This situation required an easing off of the gas while slowly turning the wheel ever so gingerly to the right, until traction is regained before finaly pulling over to the shoulder to clean your underwear.
I get it...He/she was an asshole and deserved to have it all end...in your opinion...:lookinup:

Damn...just damn... :toilet

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Not that the Nissan is any more of a POS than any other light duty car in that situation.

As a CDL driver I know two facts that most car drivers don't

1. It takes the average 18 wheeler 300ft to stop from 55mph

2. A semi will tear through your dualie pickup like its made out of tissue paper. A SUV or car like wet tissue paper.

RIP to the driver, one wrong move in snow will **** you up.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Not that the Nissan is any more of a POS than any other light duty car in that situation.

As a CDL driver I know two facts that most car drivers don't

1. It takes the average 18 wheeler 300ft to stop from 55mph

2. A semi will tear through your dualie pickup like its made out of tissue paper. A SUV or car like wet tissue paper.

RIP to the driver, one wrong move in snow will **** you up.
So you're saying his POS Cadillac would rip apart like that too? :laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Yep, there is as much steel in the motor an tranny of a semi as there is in his whole Cadillac, or your Challenger, or my Avalanche

Think about the next time you want to pull out in front of a truck from a side street.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Well if my pos cadialc was ever driven in snow it might, but it isn't. I have a pos Hummer for snow, and it would probably get pretty ****ed up in a head on with a semi, but I wouldn't get into that situation. I have driven in snow for 35 years. Before ever heading out on snow covered roads I learned to drive in snow in large parking lots. I did the same for my sons. I have driven home from Vermont in one of the worst blizzards on record, and never lost control of my vehicle. As I said there are certain things you do in snow and ice covered roads and things you just don't do. I don't do what you shouldn't do.

By the way I would assume that my pos hummer would do just as well as any pos you own...including your pos BMW.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Well if my pos cadialc was ever driven in snow it might, but it isn't. I have a pos Hummer for snow, and it would probably get pretty ****ed up in a head on with a semi, but I wouldn't get into that situation. I have driven in snow for 35 years. Before ever heading out on snow covered roads I learned to drive in snow in large parking lots. I did the same for my sons. I have driven home from Vermont in one of the worst blizzards on record, and never lost control of my vehicle. As I said there are certain things you do in snow and ice covered roads and things you just don't do. I don't do what you shouldn't do.

By the way I would assume that my pos hummer would do just as well as any pos you own...including your pos BMW.
Smartest guy in the room. :laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I get it...He/she was an asshole and deserved to have it all end...in your opinion...:lookinup:

Damn...just damn... :toilet
Oh I get it if you are nice and say he didn't deserve to die maybe he will come back to life.:crazy::crazy:

I don't know that guy and niether did you. Did he deserve to die...yes. He lost control of his car and caused an accident. He wasn't killed by some terrorist or in a plane crash, he was behind the wheel of his car and lost control. I feel more for the rig driver who probably also got hurt, or at least feels terible about the accident which he didn't cause.
As for my comentary I gave my oppinion about what happened so other assholes don't do the same thing and die. Maybe you would be that next guy and what I said might just make you not do what he did and you might just live because of it. If that were to happen then something good can come from the sensless death.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Well it sounds like I am from the bullshit you guys are spouting. I am sure you would both feel real sorry for this guy if he went head on into your wife instead of a semi. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Well it sounds like I am from the bullshit you guys are spouting. I am sure you would both feel real sorry for this guy if he went head on into your wife instead of a semi. :crazy::crazy::crazy:
How do you know it was 'a guy'? Maybe it was some young girl...

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me...you're the best damned driver in the whole world and would never have an accident...because you're perfect...and everyone else is an asshole ;)

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
How do you know it was 'a guy'? Maybe it was some young girl...

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me...you're the best damned driver in the whole world and would never have an accident...because you're perfect...and everyone else is an asshole ;)
Would it matter what sex the person who killed your wife or child was???

This is ****in amazing. You guys both watch a person loose control of his vehicle. It is no one elses fault, but the driver of the Nissan. He hits one vihicle which just misses another head on with another innocent driver, then hits a semi head on. And you guys feel sorry for the guy who caused all of this, because you assume he is dead. Again if it were your wife or child driving a car instead of that semi. would you feel sorry for the guy or want to have him revived so you could strangle him to death.

As for me, I drive close to 50,000 miles a year. I have never had an accident. I have never spun out in snow other than on purpose in a parking lot. I have had to avoid a number of accidents due to other driver's inatention and just plain bad driving. People like this guy might as well be shooting a gun around aimlessly in a crowded city. Eventualy someone is going to die....it's better if it's him and not me.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Would it matter what sex the person who killed your wife or child was???

This is ****in amazing. You guys both watch a person loose control of his vehicle. It is no one elses fault, but the driver of the Nissan. He hits one vihicle which just misses another head on with another innocent driver, then hits a semi head on. And you guys feel sorry for the guy who caused all of this, because you assume he is dead. Again if it were your wife or child driving a car instead of that semi. would you feel sorry for the guy or want to have him revived so you could strangle him to death.

As for me, I drive close to 50,000 miles a year. I have never had an accident. I have never spun out in snow other than on purpose in a parking lot. I have had to avoid a number of accidents due to other driver's inatention and just plain bad driving. People like this guy might as well be shooting a gun around aimlessly in a crowded city. Eventualy someone is going to die....it's better if it's him and not me.
:laughing: :buhbye:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts