Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO must have lost some of the original screws for the sill plate or the holes became stripped out, so he used some bigger screws. I bought replacement sills but the screws that came with it wont fit right in some of the holes now as the holes are too big.

I read in a Corvette "weekend projects" book I bought about using rivet nuts to fix this problem. However, the vette they used them on was either a C1 or a C2, not a C3.

Since I don't know the difference in thickness of the C2 to C3 sill where the rivet nuts will go, I'm not sure if the rivet nuts will be long enough.

Has anyone done this with success on their C3?

I'm new to rivet nuts, a great solution to this problem. I took one and squeezed it to see just how thick of material it can handle, and to me, it doesn't look like it can take very thick material.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I used plastic drywall anchors. Pushed them in to the boogered up stock holes, then reinstalled the sill plates. You can't see them with the sill plates installed.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I used plastic drywall anchors. Pushed them in to the boogered up stock holes, then reinstalled the sill plates. You can't see them with the sill plates installed.

:thumbsup:

:agree: I did that too. They work great.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts