Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
page 63: "R&T: Finally, what can you tell us about the Z06?
Dave Hill: It will be introduced a year later than the C6, and we think it will be worth the wait. It's a greater separation in performance and distinctive appearance from today's car. It will be manual-transmission only. Fixed-roof coupe only. And it's even more for the extreme performance enthusiast. But it's a very well-rounded car. Very competitive in the world of performance cars. It arrives for the model year 2006. We expect to present it at the Detroit show in January of 2005. Again, it will be worth the wait." :partyon: :huh: :partyon:

So for all the photoshoppers out there... "fixed roof" might give a little more detail for you. Also.. more distinctive appearance than todays. What is this mofo gonna look like?:nuts:

ALso, base price for coupe is listed at 44,500 Est.
This keeps my hopes up for the Z06 coming in around 55,000 (70k has been a rumor, but how valid is it?)

-Derek

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Welcome to digitalcorvettes. Time will tell on a new Z06. I want to just see the C6 in person first. Maybe a trip to Detroit next January might be a good idea

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
dswansonicem said:
It's a greater separation in performance and distinctive appearance from today's car.
sounds like from what he is saying that the new Z06 will be more than 455 hp....

C5 = 350 hp

C5 Z06 = 405 HP

55 hp difference...that would mean that the new Z06 would have to be at least 455 HP to meet the separation in performance that the old Z06 had over the base coupe...i think that gives some credibility to the 500 HP claim...but i could see it coming in at 475 hp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts