Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone encountered any of them stupid debris on the streets or highways? damn! i hate it when they end up under your car or when it hits the front bumper of your car. last night i ran over a piece of shredded tire or some kind of rubber . all i heard was a thump. hope there was no damage done to the under carriage. i was also wondering if the under carriage on a z06 is strong enough to withstand all the abuse from debris like this. the balsa wood under the car looks kinda delicate. thanks for any advice and opinions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes! Three years ago, while on the way to Bowling Green, my friend hit a piece of tire left by a semi truck and shot it back at me, in my '07 Z06. All I heard was a loud "Thwack". The piece of rubber hit the front facia, knocking out the right fog lamp, breaking the grille, marking the upper portion of the facia, then striking the windshield. About $700 in repairs.

·
Banned
20 Posts
I've hit gravel and spun out a buncha times from freight semis washing it up onto the road from the shoulder on curves.

then there's the deer...

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Iv'e had the joy of hitting a queen size matress in the road..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts