Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to take a road trip WEST from the Chicago area... what's a good place to go to? I don't mind driving through several states.... 15 hour ride one-way max.

I'll need to stay under Wisconsin/Minnesota because of possible bad weather.

Thoughts?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
That's a toughy! :huh:

How long does it take to get to the Rockies?

You could go to Golden and tank up on some fresh brew, then go to the Denver Mint and get your picture taken w/ a federal guard frisking you. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Drop me a line if you ever hit the springs. Golden is a real nice town. The Coors plant makes the trip that much better to.:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,548 Posts
Chicago to Colorado Springs 1150 miles approx. about 17 hours under normal circumstances. When you get there, this is what you see. It's worth it

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That was a big IF. If i was you Pat I would go to BG. Im sure you can pick up some hints of what the C6 will look like by going to the plant. Might see some pieces laying around.:laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
You goin alone or takin the wife?

One of my employees went to Galena for a weekend recently, had a great time. Stayed at a B&B.

You stay south of the aforementioned states and you got a whole lot of rolling and flat cornfields.

Littleton, Colorado comes up on Mapquest as 15 hr and a few minutes.!?

·
Registered
382 Posts
The north route say even I-90 could get snow anytime.
We drove to Rapid City. Saw Mount Rushmore then took I-90 towards Billings, Mt. Before Billings we stopped at the Little Bighorn National Monument. Then took the Northeast entrance into Yellowstone south of Billings. That road is closed except for a few summer months but it is some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Also that way into Yellowstone is not as busy as the other entrances are. I took a pickup and a fith wheel camper so it took like 2 1/2 days to get to Rapid City.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
go south, ride the Natchez Trace:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
how about following the Mississippi.... StLouis on down to new orleans maybe ?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been to every state east of the Mississippi.

I wanted to really go west... I only fly over most of the west and land in California or Vegas!

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loggins1 said:
That was a big IF. If i was you Pat I would go to BG. Im sure you can pick up some hints of what the C6 will look like by going to the plant. Might see some pieces laying around.:laughing:
I've been to BG 4 times now. I'll only go again to take my son, or for the next Stars and Stripes event!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts