Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my tired Rochester carburetor, for one almost new, but the new has two entries for electrical connections, one of two cables and the second connection is for three cables,
anyone is aware of where are connected ? I wish to search if my car has already the electric instalation (cut off in some place)
the colors of the wires is important to begin the search.
Thanks for your time folks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What is the location to where the wires would go? If one is on the top by the choke horn and the the other is on the front driver side then you have one from the 80's. The one on top with the two wires is the mixture control solenoid and the other one with the three wires is the throttle posistion sensor. If you have any other questions just ask and I'll help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Luis, The connections you are referring to are not on your L48. The Q-Jet didn't have them until 1981. They are the
MC Solenoid and the TPS, Throttle Position Sensor. You won't find that wiring on the L48.

The ECM (Computer didn't come on the Vette until the L81). You need the carb without those connections. Summit Racing has those carbs in their catalog. They are
around $500.00.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much,
somewhere there have a connection diagram of the carburetor?
as always you are kind ones :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts