Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice if I should have it filled or replaced.

It’s a small crack, about 1/8 long in the upper left corner as you set in the car.

The Insurance Company said they would replace it with a GM windshield, but I’m worried about the install not being as good as factory or the installer screwing something up.

Should I be worried?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Need advice if I should have it filled or replaced.

It’s a small crack, about 1/8 long in the upper left corner as you set in the car.

The Insurance Company said they would replace it with a GM windshield, but I’m worried about the install not being as good as factory or the installer screwing something up.

Should I be worried?
Every Corvette I've ever owned has received a new windshield. :laughing:

The install has looked good as new each time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ok thanks Patrick, so your saying just replace it, don't try to fill it....

·
Registered
872 Posts

Same here. Just go with a large company and it will work out well. They always get very picky when doing vettes and have a corvette guy to get it done to our standards.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had mine changed earlier this year by a glass shop. You wouldnt know it looking at it.

Be prepared for the big bill....If you have the removable roof, you are lookiat $800+. the seal around the windshield is $500+

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had mine changed earlier this year by a glass shop. You wouldnt know it looking at it.

Be prepared for the big bill....If you have the removable roof, you are lookiat $800+. the seal around the windshield is $500+
The good thing I’ve talked to my Insurance man and they will cover it. I told him it would be about $1000.00, he said no problem just call this number and they will send a man to the house… They use Safelight?? I have $100.00 comprehensive.. So it cost me $100.00,,

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I have had mine replaced on my C5 three time so far - always came out perfect. About 2-3 years is all you can expect out here where they us gravel in lieu of paving and everyone drives a rock-thrower!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did they also have to replace all the trim around the windshield or just the rubber around the a-pillars and roof?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I have had mine replaced on my C5 three time so far - always came out perfect. About 2-3 years is all you can expect out here where they us gravel in lieu of paving and everyone drives a rock-thrower!
You are about the most unluckiest sap I've even seen! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I agree. Get it replaced. I had a chip repaired on my DD truck and it's still noticable. Not much but i know it's there. That would drive you nuts in your Vette to see it all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I thought about you the other day when I read that thread about some guys starter falling off the engine! I was like, "Uh oh, I've read about this before!" :thud:

I read that thread too, but did not want to add my experience to an already stressful situation - I know that feeling! Of course, I would never "drive" my car if it started making noises like that - mine snapped just turning the engine over in the garage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts