Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chipmunk using my fuel rail covers as an acorn stash.
I'd rather not kill him, but I need to get rid of him somehow.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have a chipmunk using my fuel rail covers as an acorn stash.
I'd rather not kill him, but I need to get rid of him somehow.
Any suggestions?

Ummmm.......Why not kill it? Would you rather pay for new wiring harness? This just happened to someone I know. Rodents caused damage over the winter months. Kill the little bastard.

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I have to agree with the search and destroy mission. They can start chewing on your wires next and then you'll have big problems. Or you can get an outside cat to handle the rodents.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
2 words.......mouse trap:devil:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
you can buy these pads of paper with a geally sticky goop on them, the lil bugger will get stuck and then you can mail him to someone you dont like, just makesure to put some food and holes in the box

kidding aside the glue traps are available at most hardware stores

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think there is a gun thread around some place KILL the MO FO:nuts: :nuts:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Drive it. If the motion of driving doesn't persuade it to leave, the heat sure will.:laughing:

I had a similar problem the other day, took the car to work, sat there for a few minutes, then hundreds of spiderlings came crawling ou from under the hood. A trip the the car wash fixed that.:rolling:

·
Registered
129 Posts
YA ALL KNOW WHAT A CHIPMUNK IS? IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN A MOUSE!!!! WOULD YOU LET A MOUSE PEE ALL OVER YOUR VETTE??? TOAST THAT BOOOGER BEFORE SHE STARTS A FAMILY AND THEY START FAMILIES AND WELL YOU GET THE IDEA. CALL THE TERMINATOR FAST!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
When I stored my C6, I put a few of those fabric softener dryer sheets under the hood. Apparently, they can't stand the smell. I also put them in my exhaust outlets to keep them from crawling in to nest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To Kill a chipmunk!

Put a 5 gal pail of water close to the car with 6" of water in it. Float sunflower seeds on top of the water. Put a few seeds on the floor and a ramp of some sort to the top of the bucket. I got 14 of the buggers last summer with this plan. It really works. To stop the smell after a couple of days, use anti-freeze instead of water. You have more than 1 chipmunk. DR

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Put a 5 gal pail of water close to the car with 6" of water in it. Float sunflower seeds on top of the water. Put a few seeds on the floor and a ramp of some sort to the top of the bucket. I got 14 of the buggers last summer with this plan. It really works. To stop the smell after a couple of days, use anti-freeze instead of water. You have more than 1 chipmunk. DR
I'm going to try that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the ideas!!!
VERY creative.
I'll get the little basterds somehow.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Fantastic I will try that also , update to follow .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rodents

I had a mouse this winter. It was likley because I was feeding deer and stored the corn in the pole barn, they got a food source. First lesson, no food or drink in the area. Next I bought a 50 foot roll of aluminum flashing 14 inches high and put that around the car so no more got in. It is long enough to put all around and serpentine it to hold itself up. Placed traps inside and outside the flashing. Caught 7-8 mice every night outside ..then one inside. They had a stash of grain inside. Then I decided to nuke them all. Put tarps over the whole car and over the flashing. Ran the car for a couple hours with the tarps over it. The CO built up and killed everything breathing inside. So no more mouses, keep the flashing, no more food in the pole barn... Now need to de-mouse the '77 vette. But hopefully for the last time. Was meaning to check the inside of the heater core box anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts