Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· DC crew
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the car off at TC MotorSports to have the roll cage installed.

Here's a few pics to show the start of the project.

Jr.

· Registered
7,917 Posts
Jr, try to keep that car sunny side up, so you don't use that cage.:thumbsup:

ZEP

· DC crew
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much of the interior are you going to keep?
None, it's all getting removed. The inside door panels are gone now. They're mounting the window controls to the driver's side door.

This is just the begining. Nascar door beams on both sides.

Jr.

· DC crew
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What were they going to paint it with, ground up fifties?
:laughing: I didn't inquire to much on getting the cage painted. I saw a Viper ACR at the track this summer that had a painted cage. I asked the owner some question on the install. One if them being the price to paint. He said $1100. I've read others paying about a grand. This car being an old C5 I'm sure would be less. I'm just going to take that and put it to the fire system. 6 nozzles. 3 for the engine bay and 3 for the inside of the car.

Jr.

· DC crew
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jr, try to keep that car sunny side up, so you don't use that cage.:thumbsup:

ZEP
I just came across this video. This is a crash on turn 1 at my home track Pacific Raceway. My goal is to race, but if I don't. I will have a really safe track car.

Jr.

· Registered
7,917 Posts

· DC crew
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lookin' good. High and tight :thumbsup:
High and tight and out of the way. The seat plus the helmet makes it impossible to get out through the window in the event of a crash. The steering wheel gets in the way too. They are putting a slider on the seat mount. Then removing the steering wheel and replacing it with a removable one. An engine master kill switch is being installed too.

The fire system is only $349. It has 6 nozzles. Three for the engine bay and three for inside the car. After that is installed, I will have a fully legal race car:thumbsup:

Jr.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.