Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha gang, starting to plan my cam swap. Just plan on doing the cam, springs and ls2 timing chain. Have a 6 speed stage 2 clutch with 113,000 miles on the motor. Can the r/r's hang? Its a G5x3 cam

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Aloha gang, starting to plan my cam swap. Just plan on doing the cam, springs and ls2 timing chain. Have a 6 speed stage 2 clutch with 113,000 miles on the motor. Can the r/r's hang? Its a G5x3 cam
The Cam will have no effect on the rockers. There is no adjustment for the rockers on the LS motors.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool, I will also be changing springs and pushrods, this wont affect the load/stress on the rockers? i guess i was more concerned with just normal wear and tear. Then i was reading some of the high milage threads. Got some confidence reading those threads

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Kool, I will also be changing springs and pushrods, this wont affect the load/stress on the rockers? i guess i was more concerned with just normal wear and tear. Then i was reading some of the high milage threads. Got some confidence reading those threads
Just make sure that you get the correct rods, 7.4". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Since you want to change out the timing chain, you're going to have to remove the oil pump to get the old one off and the new one on.
I can't stress enough the oil pump O ring. You'll need a new one, that is the same color, not all are the same(thickness) When reinstalling, bolt up the oil pump, lube up the O ring and slide it on the end of the pick up tube. Ensure the pick up tube is seated in the oil pump before the pick up tube bolt is started.
This can be done by placing a large screw driver underneath it and gently popping it into place using the edge of the oil pan as a fulcrum. It will almost make click, cant describe it but you'll know its seated.
If you seat the pick up tube by using the pick up tube bolt it can bind the O ring in its seat and pinch it, taking a small sliver out of it. This will cause an internal oil leak when the engine it up to operating temps. I know from experience.
As far as roller rockers, for a street set up, definitely recommend non adjustable roller rockers. And yes as Spiderpat says LG recommends 7.4" pushrods for stock heads.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kool. I'll take that advise. At first i didnt plan on changing the timing chain, but i guess its cheap insurance since im just over 100,000 miles. Should be fun, been some years since i was swapping cams in and out of my cars. Going to use the magnet trick for the one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts